cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badges explained?

Karyathena
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I still there anywhere that explains how to get the badges? There is a nice chart with percentages but what does one do to get those percentages?

thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

Jovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great question!  I would have asked the same...

@Anonymous 

I made a very nice hanging mobile out of free AOL discs. Then another, then another, my friends all wanted one.

Pro tip: Exactly 11 seconds in a 900W microwave will produce a jagged fractal cracked iridescent mirror effect on CDROM surfaces which catches the light magnificently. But be ready to stop the microwave immediately so the plasma arcs don't cause any permanent damage. In a well-ventilated area, since the carbonized polymer will gas out a little and melted plastic really stinks. Cooking times and results can vary between disc manufacturers.

AOL kept on foolishly mailing me free signup discs after I foolishly requested them to stop - they would spammer on you even before they got you connected online! - so I decided I'll do whatever I like with them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DM100watch wrote:

It's nice to get money off but to be honest I take part in the forums because it's just fun.  That's all the reward I need.  I'm already saving a ton of money on my plan; where else can i get online for $13 a month?  Okay, I used to be able to do it for free with an America Online disc in the mail...but that was a long time ago haha and nobody will remember that!🤣

America Online?! ppppppppsh Too commercial. I used a local BBS. Then they got connected to the internet and I moved on to newsgroups. Then subscribing to listservs. I might remember signing up with Compuserve though. Then the big internet service providers moved in and soon after the web exploded internet usage. Then forums grew in popularity for any and all kinds of interests everybody has.

I skipped out on all the social sites though as I had dropped off the internet as me in the early 2000's.

DM100watch

It's nice to get money off but to be honest I take part in the forums because it's just fun.  That's all the reward I need.  I'm already saving a ton of money on my plan; where else can i get online for $13 a month?  Okay, I used to be able to do it for free with an America Online disc in the mail...but that was a long time ago haha and nobody will remember that!🤣

alexscarter

Thanks!  👍

@alexscarter wrote:

How'd you figure it out?  😉
I'm new and obviously not planning to go for Oracle or even Top 5%, but Top 25% or 50% would be nice... Any tips?

Top 10% and above can be very time consuming. My advice would be to come online as often as possible and to try to help whenever you can.

alexscarter

How'd you figure it out?  😉
I'm new and obviously not planning to go for Oracle or even Top 5%, but Top 25% or 50% would be nice... Any tips?

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have been posting for the last 8 months or so and I have gotten pretty good at figuring out if I have posted enough for a 50% badge and when I have posted enough for a 25% badge. Getting anything beyond that seems like a super big mystery to me.

@KdhillonThe badges are just results of tasks / accomplishments you get when using the Community / Lithium system.

Kdhillon

Would love to know how it works 

Karyathena

Ha ha , thanks, that helps! Good to know I’m not missing out on rewards by doing something simple. Less than minimum wage isn’t worth it.

thanks!

@Karyathena 

Badges are a way Public mobile recognizes involvement in the community forum.  Some badges are related to rewards, while others are not.  

The exact formular for earning community rewards is unknown.  Probably a combination of earning bravos, solutions, time spent on forum, etc.  It is easier to earn the lower amounts per month.  It takes a lot of time to earn the higher levels.  As we joke on the community forum, you can likely earn more money collecting bottles and cans on the street then spending time here.  Earning $20 is not reachable for most people, except for oracles.  $15/month likely need to spend at least 1-2 hours most days.  Less than minimum wage if you average it out.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?category=rewards

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

That is a mystery

Everybody is asking that question and the precise formula is a secret.

The amount time you spend helping out, number of replies number of bravos, number of solutions all of that contributes. I'm not sure if there is anything that will give you negative points, like being rude, there is no thumbs down. 

You won't make money really, you may make some friends and some people happy or at least relieved. You may also help public mobile retrain customers and keep the costs down. You may learn something new and also learn how to dodge a problem that's waiting around a corner. Also you'll meet some nice people, so I think it's worth it if you have some time to spare while sitting in a waiting room or a bus. Just a positive thing to do:)

Need Help? Let's chat.