cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badge not displaying correctly - Anyone else?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

As most know. Normally the badge earned shows the date next to it. 

My October badge has no date. Although it's likely due to the incorrect badge (Oracle 1%)  which PM was informed on the congratulations thread.

Curious if anyone else's badge for October has no date?

22 REPLIES 22

@RosieR wrote:
that image is hilarious 

It's photoshopped to add a whole bunch of "fake" badges which didn't actually pay Rewards.

soldier-medals

@Korth wrote:

It's just a display bug. It helps make people feel important.

BADGES!BADGES!

@Korth that image is hilarious 🤣🤣🤣

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

My October badge has no date. Although it's likely due to the incorrect badge (Oracle 1%)  which PM was informed on the congratulations thread.

@Jb456   Lol...maybe the Oracle moniker was PM inadvertently making a prediction about your "possible new status"  😂

Individual settings neat. Try turning on Quick Reply too!!!

Only downfall is it doesn't appear to let user tag anyone... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had done the absolute date change so long ago I had forgotten about it.

Uh? Nice!

I just changed my setting to "Absolute dates".  😃

esjliv_0-1606653395845.png

@cavemantoronto 

I thought the extras were for fun....i just popped all of mine. Is that where @popping got his username?

@Korth I thought we all get mutiple badges. Badges are nothing. Show me the money!  If they gave the reward for all badges, that would be something.

I get the multiple badges every month, the whole set of Community (and Oracle) Rewards, one of each kind. I still see them all, dozens of superfluous badges dating back to Aug 2019.

I only get the one Community Reward I've actually "earned" each month. Easy to confirm in Self-Serve.

Other users don't see the "fake" badges. I can't see any of the "fakes" on @Jb456 user profile (I only see "Oracle 2020 - Top 1% Reward" for October, albeit "Earned by 3" not "Earned by 2"). I can't see the "fakes" on my own user profile when I logout and visit the forums anonymously.

It's just a display bug. It helps make people feel important.

BADGES!BADGES!

@Jb456 

It helps immensely when gathering stats but more than that when im on after midnite "yesterday:"can be 5 minutes ago or 23 hours ago......makes a big difference!

@computergeek541 

Well with my learning curve two years is nothing but i would think there would be an infinite amount of "things" to learn and/or remember!

@computergeek541  That makes complete sense! 

Seems like for you, from an Oracle standpoint, the absolute is likely needed to complete those tasks efficiently.

Myself, from a regular users standpoint, the relative is more efficient for just posting. 

I learn something new every day 😃

@Jb456 wrote:

@darlicious  I switched mine back already though lol but glad to know where it is.

It's a bit annoying. At least for me. The few minutes I had it set on.

When you're in a thread reading replies it does not say posted 1 minute ago, 5 minutes ago, etc. It list the full date and time. 

Believe it or not, I didn't know about this setting for more than 2 years.

You can set the setting however you prefer, but the absolute date references provides much more information most of the time. I realize that absolute date stamps do require the user to know the current time to be helpful. However, with the relative dates, a message showing a date/time of "yesterday" is of zero help.  Especially when I'm giving bravos or assigning solutions, the last thing that I want to see is someone who has posted 20 hours later receviing the same amount of bravos for repeating someone else. With relative timestamps, you won't have any idea that happened. 

@darlicious  I switched mine back already though lol but glad to know where it is.

It's a bit annoying. At least for me. The few minutes I had it set on.

When you're in a thread reading replies it does not say posted 1 minute ago, 5 minutes ago, etc. It list the full date and time. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 

OMG! Thank you for asking the question and thank you @computergeek541 for supplying the time display option in the profile settings. The time stamp thingy has been driving me crazy for over a year!

It just goes to show no question is too dumb to ask.

@computergeek541 

Absolute date was the issue. Thank you!

Screenshot_20201128_235157.jpg

@Anonymous wrote:

Logged IN users see a date. Not logged in just sees 3 weeks ago (in this case).

They can, but not by default. the Community default for all members is the same as the default if your'e not logged in.  @Jb456  Yes, a date does eventually get shown even if absolute date references aren't selected in your Community settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Logged IN users see a date. Not logged in just sees 3 weeks ago (in this case).

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541 @Anonymous 

I'm aware of being logged in and showing multiple badges. I logged on just as a guest on my work PC. 

For my October one does it say 3 weeks ago?

IMG_20201128_232541.jpg

If it does, then I made an error. Sorry guys!

You can throw it in the lounge or simply do your hiding trick PCgeek.  I was looking for the actual date like the other badges display. I guess that displays after the month has passed?

The Community default setting to to say things happened durations of time such as 2 minutes, or 1 week ago. When you are logged in, the member can change a setting for the site to always show absolute dates for badges and timestamps for messages. Those settings can't be applied when you're not logged in.

@computergeek541 @Anonymous 

I'm aware of being logged in and showing multiple badges. I logged on just as a guest on my work PC. 

For my October one does it say 3 weeks ago?

IMG_20201128_232541.jpg

If it does, then I made an error. Sorry guys!

You can throw it in the lounge or simply do your hiding trick PCgeek.  I was looking for the actual date like the other badges display. I guess that displays after the month has passed?

@Jb456 wrote:

There are always mulitiple badges in my account. Every month, I can see every single Community reward badge in my profile, but the erroneous badges aren't visible to others. No date or referenced inidcation of when it was earned means that badge wasn't really earned. It's a long standing site bug. As for the badge titlles, someone mistakenly typed in "Oracle" instead of "October".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

My proper badge has the date. Your's appears to. I also have spurious badges. But they only show to you (the logged in account). Log out and have a look.

Need Help? Let's chat.