cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay remember to update Visa expiration

Ottawatech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They don’t remind you that your visa is expiring and they wouldn’t be able to take the autopayment and then public Mobile puts your cell phone on hold and won’t work untell you make a payment and update your visa expires for more auto pay

4 REPLIES 4

marsbar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Suffered through this recently and at that time realized that my Visa Debit has a longer period before expiry even than the new Visa card that my credit card company gave me! Decided to set it up for Visa Debit. So perhaps do that. Both options should still earn you autopay rewards.

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Maybe the best way to remember is right after you get your new credit card with a new expiration date in the mail and have activated it, go update the expiration date in all your accounts in which you used that credit card for auto payment. 🙂

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Ottawatech,

I know it would be great to have a reminder to update our credit cards when close to expiration but as @mimmo mentioned, when you actually think about it, there aren't many companies that remind you to update your credit card when close to expiry.

Personally, I have set a calendar reminder on my phone to remind me to update my credit card on file when it comes close to expiry to avoid any disruptions in services when the time comes.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I don't think many other services  tell you either( maybe amazon or eBay do). Its up to the card holder to update their credit card info.

The nature of prepaid vs post paid is if you don't pay you don't have service.

Need Help? Let's chat.