cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linyx9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Autopay credit wheN I suspend the SIM card

Hi 

I suspended the SIM card for one day because I thought the phone was lost. Turns out I found it later. However, I noticed on my payment cycle that I was not given the $2 autopay credit (even though I was still on AutoPay and it in fact charged my credit card automatically).

Is there something I am missing (will that $2 credit come later), or this is typical that the $2 credit goes away when you suspend the SIM?

Also what will happen next month, assuming I dont suspend the SIM anymore?

Accepted Solutions
S--S
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Autopay credit wheN I suspend the SIM card

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, via SIMon the chat bot  , It’ll take you to relevant help articles, Click here to get started.
  • or if it’s something more urgent, the can help you submit a ticket to Moderator Team. 
  • you can send a private message to the @Moderator_Team by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 
  •  the will adjustment to your account.

• Good Luck

View solution in original post

All Replies
S--S
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, via SIMon the chat bot  , It’ll take you to relevant help articles, Click here to get started.
  • or if it’s something more urgent, the can help you submit a ticket to Moderator Team. 
  • you can send a private message to the @Moderator_Team by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 
  •  the will adjustment to your account.

• Good Luck

View solution in original post

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@linyx9

This is a known glitch when suspending an active account using the lost/stolen feature. You will have to contact the moderators and ask for your reward(s) to be manually added to your account.

For more info on this glitch and if you get pushback from the moderator about adding your reward please link this thread to the moderator for reference....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Autopay-reward-Do-not-use-lost-stolen-trick-I...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@linyx9 

As @S--S recommended, contact the Mods to get the auto-pay credit placed back on.

It seems unusual that PM's systems allow the auto-pay discount to be missed on the renewal following a Lost/Found use - however it's a downside to using that feature.   Some other users frequently use it for periods of inactivity (or when they want to render the 'user' of a device unable to use it, for whatever punitive reason...).

Use this as an opportunity to ask the Moderator why the system Lost/Found feature affects application of these rewards like this - and if they reply with a reason, please kindly post their reply. (without necessarily identifying the particular Moderator, of course).  😉

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Maybe you should read my thread. The moderator will not be able to answer that question any better than I have. They do not know why the glitch returned after briefly fixing it around this time last year.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Did everyone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

@darlicious --  a Moderator may (not absolutely) have a line of communication with PM Staff that users on the forum do not.   Maybe a really keen Mod will ask internally what causes this problem to occur.   Maybe someone within PM will take the time to ask someone else "why", and maybe (just maybe) someone with the right knowledge and skill-set will know why.

Is there a problem asking the OP to ask the Moderator if they can find out why this occurs?   

How does this in any way diminish your reply?    

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

I have an open ticket with the tech team on this issue that I follow up on quite regularily. So if a fix is in or the reason it occurs or reoccurred is to be explained I will likely be one of the first people to be informed about it. I have recently had to argue and submit to a senior moderator messages I have recieved from Alan_K from well over a year ago confirming that a customer is not to be denied their rewards for using the lost/stolen feature in their accounts. If you want the foremost authority on this glitch you're talking to her....either that or @pm-smayer97 has quite a bit of experience dealing with this issue before me and @stonechucker ( retired oracle) originally brought this issue/glitch to pm's attention.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

That's great.   Fill your boots.  You're a great resource and advocate for many - and I've said before, I'll say again, I like your passion.

Again though, what's the harm in proposing that the OP asks the Moderator for input as to why this happens?  They're gonna be communicating with the Mod's anyway to get the reward credited back.

And how does it diminish your post in any way?  (do you feel it did???)

Just because you have a 'tech review' underway doesn't mean that others are precluded from doing and asking questions for themselves.   I think some of us have become a bit too engaged in what our roles and responsibilities really are within Public Mobile.  We are just customers, aren't we?   Some of us (present company excluded) have become far too engaged in picking apart other's attempts to be responsive and helpful to the point it's not at all helpful.

Perhaps this pandemic is getting to some of us more than others.

Be well, all.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@linyx9 wrote:

Hi 

I suspended the SIM card for one day because I thought the phone was lost. Turns out I found it later. However, I noticed on my payment cycle that I was not given the $2 autopay credit (even though I was still on AutoPay and it in fact charged my credit card automatically).

Is there something I am missing (will that $2 credit come later), or this is typical that the $2 credit goes away when you suspend the SIM?

Also what will happen next month, assuming I dont suspend the SIM anymore?

It is typical... a PM oversight. Was fixed then seems to have come back.

To answer the last question, yes, the AutoPay reward is only lost for one cycle and returns on the second cycle after reactivating the account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

I see your point. And no I don't feel it diminished my post at all. So the OP can have at it. I was just trying to say that since I have first inquired about this glitch before Christmas 2019 that pm from almost the top ( Alan_K) on down no one has yet to have been able to answer that very question. Even the fix as temporary as it was......was the lucky side effect of pm fixing the ghost referral issue. Which fixed the rewarding of $$ for ghost referrals but alas did not actually fix awarding of said referrals. This I suspect will be one of many unsolved mysteries of public mobile for sometime to come......

....and yes maybe some of us regulars are being overly sensitive to having other member(s) diminish our replies/answers by insisting that only oracles correct misinformation and that the information they provide is somehow better or more reliable than regular community member's contributions. To cry "bully" just because they don't want to their misinformation corrected by anyone but oracles or be tagged or complain that a percieved "snide" remark should be against the terms of service and subject to warnings, temporary or ultimately permanent bans has perhaps started discord within the community like it did last year when another member was spreading these same seeds for their own sick form of entertainment.

Need Help? Let's chat.