cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay and referral reward not being applied

onejoyngr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got debited yesterday...I have AutoPay.. no AutoPay reward or referral reward reflected as I got debited the full amount. Am I being scammed by public mobile... Dissapointed customer

33 REPLIES 33

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@menna21 Yes it's true. Every telecom provider has to charge taxes.

Log onto your account and click on view payment history.
You will be able to see your payment history for up to 6 months.

When your payment is made by card, remember that the charge to your card will include applicable taxes. In fact the $2 autopay credit is really worth $2 + taxes.

@menna21 wrote:

Hi, 

I have the $40 plan (4.5GB) and have been on this plan since May 2020. I signed up for the auto pay and my credit it 2$ but it was never applied to my payment. I have been paying the exact same amount since I first got my plan in May. So every month my payment is $42.94.

If the credit is applied to the payment shouldn't the payment start decreasing to reflect the reward credit? 

Also, when I log into my account I see it mentions: As of today your estimated payment is $38 but every month I still pay $42.94 which does not make any sense to me!

@menna21  If you are in Ontario then you are in fact getting the Auto-Pay reward:

$40 - $2 = $38 * 1.13 = $42.94

$38 plus GST = $42.94

menna21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I have the $40 plan (4.5GB) and have been on this plan since May 2020. I signed up for the auto pay and my credit it 2$ but it was never applied to my payment. I have been paying the exact same amount since I first got my plan in May. So every month my payment is $42.94.

If the credit is applied to the payment shouldn't the payment start decreasing to reflect the reward credit? 

Also, when I log into my account I see it mentions: As of today your estimated payment is $38 but every month I still pay $42.94 which does not make any sense to me!

@bunshichi 

@bunshichi wrote:

Hi, my autopay is currently not being applied.  It has been working for the past several years.  Checked the card information and it is not expired, when I try to update the card details I get a cannot process payment error.  Is there something wrong with Autopay system or do I need to contact my credit card company to get this sorted out?

Autopay sometimes fails.  Is your service suspended?  If suspended, try to manually load funds equivalent to your monthly plan fee and then it should automatically re-activate.  Usually don't need to change credit card information if the expirary date has not changed.  

Changing or re-entering credit card information also can be finicky.  Your address needs to be exactly the same as your billing address. If apartment number, leave that section blank.  Clearing cache or incognito mode also works sometimes.  

bunshichi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my autopay is currently not being applied.  It has been working for the past several years.  Checked the card information and it is not expired, when I try to update the card details I get a cannot process payment error.  Is there something wrong with Autopay system or do I need to contact my credit card company to get this sorted out?

@fairchsehere's an update.

New issue affecting renewals on October 23 and 24 2019.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Fix-in-Progress-Select-customers-missin...

There is no need to contact Public Mobile.

PM is already aware. Your reward is coming.

@fairchse 

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

fairchse

Hi my rewards are not applied this month what do I do next 

So.... I think it is resolved? $34 plus tax for your province is likely $38.xx or $39.xx to your credit card. If you were being charged the full $40 for some reason, with tax it would be $45 ish. Let us know!

Terry

acmethod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have never had an issue with this. I know the autopay will only get applied to the 2nd month, and the referal usually comes in a few days later.

I'm sure they'll resolve the issue for you.

@onejoyngr, please stick to one message thread for the same issue.  I've merged the duplicate threads. Best of luck getting this fixed quickly

@onejoyngr wrote:

I have registered my account on Autopay for about  4 months and referred  3 people to P.M. Sadly, the bonuses do not reflect in my account.  How could this be? Can some one help . I still get debited for the full amount 

I see from your other thread that this issue looks to be resolved.

From your detailed screenshots, you are receiving the $2 AutoPay and $4 Refer-A-Friend credits.

Public Mobile prices do not inclue taxes. Just need to add those in and you have your total.

$40 plan - $6 credit + taxes on $34 = roughly $40

@onejoyngr wrote:

@stonechuckerI'm on a 5Gb plan... reward of $6, after taxes.. will my debit be $40?

Yes we all have to pay taxes, except for members of parliament and first nations

Enjoy your Public Mobile!

@onejoyngr wrote:

@stonechucker  pls find attached

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

There's nothing wrong. You get $2 for autopay and $4 for referral. You actual pay $34.

Yes, that shows you're getting credit for $2 AutoPay, and $4 for friend referrals.

So your actual price before taxes is $34.  Depending on the tax rate, you'll be charged on credit card or voucher or debit card, about $40 in Ontario, or a bit less in BC.

What is your provincial tax rate?

onejoyngr

@stonechucker  pls find attached

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

@onejoyngr, which 5GB plan specifically, there have been a few.  What is your base plan cost before rewards?

Seeing the payment history would be much easier to figure out.

onejoyngr

@stonechuckerI'm on a 5Gb plan... reward of $6, after taxes.. will my debit be $40?

@onejoyngr wrote:

No @geopublic, I activated about 4 months ago

And the $2 autopay credit has always been there in the past? Likely best to look at the entire payment history to account for each item.

@onejoyngr, are you forgetting to include the taxes you're paying at purchase, compared to what you see in the Self-Serve?  Taxes are not displayed at Public Mobile but are charged at the time of payment.

@onejoyngr would you please post a view of your payment history, so we can help you understand what is happening with the payment/renewal?  Please hide personal info when uploading.

@onejoyngr wrote:

@onejoyngr  Ok my bad I assumed that because your community account was setup yesrerday. Smiley Happy Not sure why you waited 4 months and did not contact the moderator team, but yes just message the moderator team and they will fix it for you.

Cheers!

onejoyngr

Thanks, I have sent them a message. My autopaA is on and referral shows points Gaines but it doesn't reflect in my payments

@onejoyngr wrote:

Then you need to send a message to Moderator_Team as suggested above.

onejoyngr

Anonymous
Not applicable

If autopay is turned on & you have a referral showing in your selfe serve, then these should have been taken into account at the time your payment was processed.  If this did not happen, then you need to contact moderator team via PM and ask them to investigate/correct.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@onejoyngr wrote:

I got debited yesterday...I have AutoPay.. no AutoPay reward or referral reward reflected as I got debited the full amount. Am I being scammed by public mobile... Dissapointed customer

@onejoyngr  Looks like you just activated correct? No scams here. The Autopay reward will show up soon and will be applied on your next renewal. As for the 10 credit that will also show up in the next couple of days. Keep checking your payment history and you will not be disappointed. Welcome to PM.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@onejoyngr wrote:

No there's probably some mistake that happened.  What does your payment history show?

Please post a 6 month tally of your payment history from your self serve module.  We can see what’s going on if we can see the transactions.  Please hide personal information.

Need Help? Let's chat.