cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay Reward & Vouchers

eNdblu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I purchase and apply vouchers to my account which is currently set on Autopay, will I still retain the reward?

Just curious if I can treat my accounts as paying "month to month" with the vouchers instead of having a larger sum hit my credit card every 3 months

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Acekiller wrote:

It is better to call the retailer ahead.  Some CSRs are also not familiar with the process. 

On a different note, I was at a Canadian Tire Gas bar yesterday.  It is supposed to do real-time payment.  When I try to pay, I was told the max amount I could do in one transaction is $100 + $1 fee + tax.  I wasn't asked for my cell phone number but was given a pin code to enter afterward. 

Anyone had the same issue?

Yes, it seems that Canadian Tire Gas Bars actually have the regular vouchers, not the "real-time" vouchers.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I wouldn't trust that list, it's a terrible resource.

There was a time that Public Mobile's list of top of retailers was useless.  Back then, that list included retailers who didn't sell them, and even included the addresses of some residental appartment buildings (yes, you read that correctly)  - those buildings didn't have a corner store or anything attached.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It is better to call the retailer ahead.  Some CSRs are also not familiar with the process. 

On a different note, I was at a Canadian Tire Gas bar yesterday.  It is supposed to do real-time payment.  When I try to pay, I was told the max amount I could do in one transaction is $100 + $1 fee + tax.  I wasn't asked for my cell phone number but was given a pin code to enter afterward. 

Anyone had the same issue?

Rockdaddy22
I wouldn't trust that list, it's a terrible resource.

rolomonster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great idea adding monthly vouchers! Has this worked?

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@eNdblu you can search for locations that sell them on the payment info page: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay

Rockdaddy22
Shoppers Drug Mart is my go to place, they all seem to have them. Keep us updated.

eNdblu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Yes, as long as the credit card is saved on the system with autopay enabled, that's how I do it 🤑

Great thanks @Rockdaddy22!  I'll have to check around and see if there are any nearby retailers that sell Public Mobile vouchers.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@eNdblu If you can find a nearby retailer, it's a great idea to put some money on your account every month with vouchers.

@AndreLaranjeiro rewards apply to both 30 and 90 day plans... just not the 10 day plans. And you're wrong about the vouchers, they're like applying money to your balance... it can be done.

AndreLaranjeiro

AndreLaranjeiro

The rewards apply for the 30 and 90 day plan.  I know the larger sum every 3 (or 1) months  is a little harder to cope with, but it is definately worth the savings if you can handle the payments!

Rockdaddy22
Yes, as long as the credit card is saved on the system with autopay enabled, that's how I do it 🤑
Need Help? Let's chat.