Did you mean: 

AutoPay Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 18, 2018

The Autopay Reward

How does it work?

Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. For 90-day plans, you receive a $6 credit every 90 days.

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.

115 REPLIES 115

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
If you've been with Public Mobile for 2 years you might be on an old grandfathered plan, if so, you wouldn't be eligible for rewards. I'll have to find the exact dates. Of course if you've since switched to a newer plan, you'd be eligible.

ra1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been using Public mobile for more than 2 years but i am not getting any rewards. Recently i changed to Autopay but i am not receiving any rewards. Please check and suggest me so i will keep using public mobile.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Shahin

Could you send me your Public Mobile phone number through a private message? I will look into this,

Thank you,

Saray 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shahin

I dont receive AutoPay reward ever. I am with public mobile since 2015 setember on monthly plan and my credit card is registered for auto pay. I never get any reward.

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

No, reward when the autopay actually happens

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So no reward for your first payment when you first register?

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Jonavin,

If you are registered for Autopay, you will receive the rewards upon the renewal of your plan. 

The system will deduct the rewards from the cost of your plan, and add the difference to your account to renew your plan. 

Cheers 🙂

Kalla

Jonavin
When does the autopay credit apply for 90 day plans?

nhanken
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
The money from Auto-Pay Rewards ($2/month), Refer-A-Friend Reward plus any other Rewards like the Community Bravos points that accumulate in your Balance will be used to pay towards your bill first before the remaining amount gets charged to your credit card that you've added as Auto-Pay. Hope that helps

I'm not certain WHEN the Auto-Pay Rewards is Applied exactly

kripal6285

i have activated yr service and my payment is done auto now i have not received $2 rebate everymonth

pal

Litvinau_A

@Cyber

Thanks a Lot! I'm sure i'll figure it out once i have more $$ to play with.

@Litvinau_A,

When you want to use your balance, you have to lower the amount taken from your credit card (auto-pay).

Litvinau_A

OK, but if i'm getting an exact amount withdrawn from my credit card every month? How will it know to withdraw $2 less?

But i can definitely use it for add-ons.

@Litvinau_A,

The credit of 2$ is added to your balance each month.

You can use to pay an addon or your prepaid plan.

Litvinau_A

Ok, i just want to understand the way it works, and hopefully it'll make it easier for others.

I did sign up for the credit card payments that will be taking out certain amount out of my account every month. Now, $2 credit thing? it's just gonna continue adding to my account? i mean it'll be 2 years before i can actually do something with it really.

Or can it be used for add-ons? Right?

hunnybunny

hi @spazgurl11,

I can def understand your flustration but be patient and remember that pm is still in beta. There are a few on here that are very helpful customers as well as employees. Although not perfect they are working on making it the best mobile company it can be.

What I have gotten is that your not recieving any discounts. So far you only have the 10 dollar beta credit. The rest you have to earn through community and refereals as well as the 2 dollar auto top up.

If you havent recieved them than I would suggest going to https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us and go from there. They do not have phone support for new customers which i like. There are also a few employees that hang out here maybe try sending them a pm of your problem. Just a couple thoughts as to help you solve your problem.

spazgurl11

Joined in march was given the sign up beta rewatd of 10 per month off...for 12 months...c

Spoiler

nge d plan and now no discount..ive spent 80$ in a month n yet no data no discounts thats prettty bad....thats not loyalty at all ....and ive emailed 3 times! Not ome person has.helped.....no replies no numberr to call..guess ignoring ur customer aftwr u screw up is easier?! ....please have someone who ca. Help and fix this perhaps get bsck to me? Based on my experience rightnow i would tell people not to use u or stay with u guys period ....24/48hs
..its been weeks again no reply! ...35$ plan to a45/....n they tske the 80 rip me off no discounts applied ....i would like to remain a loyal paying customer ...i woukd also like my issue nade right ....tha. Nocmore

Hi. If you haven't received your Rewards, Click Email away to inform PM of this, and within 24-48 hrs, they will respond back and will have a resolution for you

flyeyes

How to check the reward? I have set the autopay, but I didnot get the reward

benwarez

old PM customers already got Credit card Auto Pay promo last year, they were given $20 promo when they register their credit cards for PAP. Now that promo probably has ended.

orangeworx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Second month on autopay, no change on my bill? is that only on the new plans? If so, I'm definitely not going to be near doubling my bill for the 2$ off...

micro-g

Thx!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Correct

micro-g

I just activated my Public mobile account / sim. If I understand that correct i will receive my first autopay bonus starting from my secon billing cycle? correct!?

Need Help? Let's chat.