Did you mean: 

AutoPay Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 18, 2018

The Autopay Reward

How does it work?

Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. For 90-day plans, you receive a $6 credit every 90 days.

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.

115 REPLIES 115

Parman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I parman 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MaraTirado wrote:

@micro-g wrote:

I just activated my Public mobile account / sim. If I understand that correct i will receive my first autopay bonus starting from my secon billing cycle? correct!?

i wish to pay a plan more economic

@micro-g wrote:

I just activated my Public mobile account / sim. If I understand that correct i will receive my first autopay bonus starting from my secon billing cycle? correct!?

@MaraTirado

A bit of a confusing post but ...

Are you wanting to downgrade to a lesser cost plan?

If so, you can set it up as a future dated change for when your renewal comes up.

You can also do an immediate change but you would lose the value of what you've spent already on the current plan..

MaraTirado

@micro-g wrote:

i wish to pay a plan more economic

@micro-g wrote:

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You’ll have to send a private message to the moderators/customer service reps. @CS_Agent use this link to contact them. 

zulu9631

Hello,

I switched to Public Mobile Aug 27th at walmart and the agent entered my credit card number wrong so when my account went to charge on the autopay system, it couldnt.  I have found the issue and everything is correct now, do I still lose the $4 credit?  It was $2 when I created the account and $2 for this month.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @dancekimdance,

I can confirm that we've received your private message. Someone will get back to shortly !

thank you 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@dancekimdance wrote:

I have the auto pay set up for payments to be made but I lost my bank card and had to put in a new card number but now I cannot make payments and my account is suspended having a very hard time trying to get it fixed cannot use the phone at all

@dancekimdance, normally you should be able to do a top up after replacing your payment card in the account.  If you are having difficulties with reactivating your account, then you will need to seek moderator team assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

dancekimdance

I have the auto pay set up for payments to be made but I lost my bank card and had to put in a new card number but now I cannot make payments and my account is suspended having a very hard time trying to get it fixed cannot use the phone at all

JL9
Mayor / Maire

??

Rehman

zahra2

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi, 

If you want to set up an auto pay, you need to log in your self-serve account, then go in "payment" and choose "Register For AutoPay"

skaja1956

How do I set this autopay account

Rockdaddy22

@smartin wrote:

sorry for not providing more info. I mean if I put the money to my account, like prepaid top up that will turn into credit on my account.

also is possible to set up any auto withdrawals from the bank?

That’ll be a no to automatic bank withdrawals. Yes you’ll still receive the autopay reward if you load the money manually, just make sure autopay is ON and you have a valid credit card attached to the account. 

smartin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sorry for not providing more info. I mean if I put the money to my account, like prepaid top up that will turn into credit on my account.

also is possible to set up any auto withdrawals from the bank?

@smartin, not quite sure what you're asking, but if you have a credit card or visa debit card assigned for AutoPay, any top up amounts you make between cycle billing dates will be used to renew your plan, and will qualify for AutoPay rewards.

The rewards are ONLY applied when you renew a 30 or 90 day cycle.

smartin

Will I earn rewards if I top up my account? 

Merkavelli101

Yes when pay amount due it will automatically use your rewards an give  new rewards for next bill

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Nickwood247

thank you for reaching out to us !

Good question, and the answer is quite simple 🙂 Here is a how to which can be found in our Knowledge Base!!

You can sign up for AutoPay when you activate or you can do so anytime online using your Self Serve account. First, you need to register your credit card, here's how to do that. After your credit or VISA Debit card has been registered, you can now set up AutoPay. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to the “Payment” tab
  2. Click on the ‘Make a payment’ tab
  3. Click on Register for Auto Pay
  4. Click on ‘Sign Up for a AutoPay’ button
  5. Click “Register for AutoPay” to automatically calculate your plan cost minus any Rewards.

Cheers 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Nickwood247

how do I sing up for auto pay 

Rockdaddy22

I don’t believe they offered a loyalty discount when PM was just in Toronto. 

kman

From what ive read most of the plans already inculdw the 2 autopay.  Thats why you didnt notice it off.  It had already started your first month . 

Its just like my plan saying $ 2 auto pay savings.  The reason the plan looked cheap the $ 2 savings was already off. Its just a marketing tool . Thats whey ypu have to read all it says about the plan and discounts . $1 off if a friend signs up.  $1 off if you are a customer.that stayed with them.  This is tricky as im in Toronto and public moblile closed down so you could never continue lol.  Thats a good one.  Also $10 off if  you give alot of answers how many is not said so id imagine its alot to get $10 off a bill.  Like they say when something sounds too good to be true it usually is .  Check prices of things at other companies before you buy . if your happy with the price then u get it.  If it has lots of discounts thats what called BS . just go with the price it says dont worry about marketing BS to trick ya and make ya calculate and work it out then its majic .

srlawren

@Thedoctor wrote:

Hello, i want to know why you are charging me 27 $ each 30 day. When we got the deal in december 2017 i was told that if i sign in in AutoPay i got the 2 $ benefit on my plan.

So if we calculate 25-2= 23$. From where did it come the 27 ???

@Thedoctor sometimes Public Mobile will advertise featured or promo plans at a pricing level that already includes the Auto Pay discount.  I'm guessing this is your situation.  So, instead of it being a $27 (+tax) plan which you could then reduce to $25 (+tax), it may actually have been a $29 (+tax) plan which you could then reduce to $27 (+tax) assuming you enable Auto Pay.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22

Maybe you’re saving $1 somewhere else. I’m assuming the plan is $30 minus $2 for autopay and maybe $1 somewhere else. Have you checked your self serve to see the exact plan your on and the payment details?

Rockdaddy22

Do you pay every 30 days or 90 days?

Thedoctor

Hello, i want to know why you are charging me 27 $ each 30 day. When we got the deal in december 2017 i was told that if i sign in in AutoPay i got the 2 $ benefit on my plan.

So if we calculate 25-2= 23$. From where did it come the 27 ???

kman

Great set up when you have it built in 

Mulder7980

They plan auto reward are after your fist bill 

Rockdaddy22

@Likorineza98wrote:

Hey how did you activate your public mobile account/sim i can't activate mime

Are you still having trouble?

Likorineza98