cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay Data Reward

nissanzaman818
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have activated autopay and system has charged my card automatically but have not got the 250 MB bonus data that comes with auto-pay. My package is $15 plan.

24 REPLIES 24

@keepasa 

Ummm...we encourage your participation but this thread is almost a month old and solved.

keepasa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You may have the older version of the $15 plan.  Change your plan to $15 and it should fix it.  Yes this is a request to change from current $15 plan to new current $15 plan.  When there is a change in plans, it is not applied automatically, you have to manually change plan even if it's the same cost plan.  Hope this helps.

@benfatto 

The autopay data bonus has been hard coded to the "new" 15 plan from its inception I believe....as it was introduced once it was decided by the higher ups that pm was no longer going to offer full speed 4G LTE with any new in market plans. By hard coding it to the $15 plan (the $10 50/50 plan was already scheduled to expire but was extended a couple of more months by demand) it meant once the $10 plan was no longer offered there would be no in market plans with full 4G LTE data or by default. As any plan that did not already have a data plan tied to it would default to full 4G LTE if a data add on was purchased (or gifted) to the plan.

@nissanzaman818 

Check your plan details in the top box on the left side of your overview page. You should see the following...

Screenshot_20211013-041434~2.png

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@nissanzaman818 wrote:

I have activated autopay and system has charged my card automatically but have not got the 250 MB bonus data that comes with auto-pay. My package is $15 plan.

So the gist of all the other posts in this thread is that even without auto-pay setup, you should have the 250MB of data.

If, on the self-serve portal overview page, you don't see a line "250 MB at 3G speed" under the section "My Data & Add-Ons", it's possible you have already used it all up - in which case, this line will disappear from the overview page. To check if this may have happened, click "View My Usage" and see if you see any data usage events.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@benfatto 

Good call on the CRTC ruling.  I forgot about that.  It was relatively recent (July? iirc) so am still not used to that.  I suppose it's here to stay, although we'll see what else the industry comes up with that may change things.  🙂

keepasa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had a similar issue when I activated the $15 plan.  I just had to wait a few hours for it to show up.  and then a few hours for my data to be activated (data in service note) on my phone.  Also after, make sure the APN is set to Public Mobile and check it's settings.  Cause with me, it defaulted to the Telus APN which caused the Data out of service error on my phone SIM status.  Welcome to PM

benfatto

Pretty sure data reward became part of the base plan because of a CRTC ruling that requires telcos offer $15 and $35 plans. PM plans now meet that requirement without autopay. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nissanzaman818 wrote:

@nissanzaman818 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, under My Data & Add-Ons, see it there if is it not there you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,and Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LeePublic wrote:

@barrascuk How often does auto pay fail on PM? Probably not too often, I assume. As for compensation, I think a full month is too generous, IMO. I think realistically, PM could offer you $10-20 in credits depending on the plan you subscribe to.

Your assumption is correct. Too generous....you missed my point. 

barrascuk

@BlueB wrote:

@barrascuk 

Interesting comment about compensation for the glitchy AutoPay.  It's been discussed a few times before, and although I'm not quite on board with "compensation" I think there's a better way of handling it. 

Sometimes there is only one way to deal with issues like this.....hit their wallet. 

The glitch is inherent from the Telus prepaid system as far back as what I have experienced...2005 and now 16 years later....why not?? We all depend on service for personal, work, emergencies, 911 etc etc. I wonder what CRTC's stand would be on this issue?

I'm on other prepaid services that try to deduct my payment the afternoon before... if it fails, I can fix it and it retries at night.  Last chance after that but gives an opportunity to fix it before I completely lose service.

Why should you be so timely to watch the transaction? Why should I pre pay to prevent the failure? While other issues here can be overlooked Auto-pay should be perfect.  I don't know how many referrals you have but there seems to be a lot of short term customers.....why is that....why do they leave? 

LeePublic

@barrascuk How often does auto pay fail on PM? Probably not too often, I assume. As for compensation, I think a full month is too generous, IMO. I think realistically, PM could offer you $10-20 in credits depending on the plan you subscribe to.

BlueB

@barrascuk 

Interesting comment about compensation for the glitchy AutoPay.  It's been discussed a few times before, and although I'm not quite on board with "compensation" I think there's a better way of handling it.  I'm on other prepaid services that try to deduct my payment the afternoon before... if it fails, I can fix it and it retries at night.  Last chance after that but gives an opportunity to fix it before I completely lose service.

barrascuk

@BlueB wrote:

@barrascuk 

I agree with your post and I just realized something else... even though people get data without AutoPay, it's technically not advertised this way, so it's possible it may disappear one day for people without AutoPay.  This is unlikely considering how long it's going on, but probably worth mentioning that "anything is possible" here.

So true. I have been here for a couple of years and the inherent errors appear to me as never fixable. Yet PM can institute other changes flawlessly. If it was my business and if the offer of bonus data was for singing up for Auto-pay......there would be absolutely no bonus data with out auto-pay. Any one with out auto-pay potentially can become a burden on the CS Agents. And it is not fair to those that unwillingly signed up for auto-pay only for the bonus data. And any one without auto pay should not be eligible for the odd freebies as well.

But when auto pay fails there should some type of compensation to the customer for the inconvenience. Like a 30 day credit of your current plan. 

I had the auto pay failure experience with Telus a few times so I am on the auto-pay hybrid. All accounts are prepaid  4 months ahead. 

BlueB

@barrascuk 

I agree with your post and I just realized something else... even though people get data without AutoPay, it's technically not advertised this way, so it's possible it may disappear one day for people without AutoPay.  This is unlikely considering how long it's going on, but probably worth mentioning that "anything is possible" here.

barrascuk

@Yummy wrote:

@softech wrote:

If you have been on the $15 plan, you should already be getting the 250Mb even without Autopay setup.

This is not what PM advertises for $15 plan:

Yummy_0-1634045611450.png

The way I read you get 250GM data IF you enable autopay. No autopay - no bonus?

What is advertised as you see and we all see is correct. BUT others have reported that you still get the 250mb WITHOUT Auto-pay set up on the $15 plan..not sure about other plans. The data bonus on every plan is an encouragement to sign up for auto-pay. It is convenient for both the customer and PM. Just imagine...no auto-pay....how many would be whining about no service and be keeping, unnecessarily, CS Agents busy. And $2 off is a 13.33% discount for the $15 plan.  

BlueB

@Anonymous 

Good to know, didn't think of it that way.  Or, perhaps it's just another glitch!  (Add it to the list!!!)  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the going theory is that that plan is hard-coded with data to keep it in LTE-Lite. The old $10 plan had no data included and so then data add-ons come in at full LTE. There also used to be a plan builder option where you could not choose data and then the same thing applies.

But yes...why not get the free 2 bucks.

@nissanzaman818   yes.. as @BlueB  added.. enable Autopay could at least save you $2.. so, it's wise to leave it even without the extra data bonus (which you likely have been getting it anyway) 

BlueB

@nissanzaman818 

This has always been a bit confusing with the data on the $15 plan.  The big question is, do you get 250mb data?  Check by logging in to Self Serve to confirm - it should be listed under My Data & Add-Ons.

You're supposed to have AutoPay in order to get any data (250mb), however as @softech mentioned, it seems to appear with or without AutoPay.  That plan is really supposed to have 0 data and a "bonus" of 250mb as @Yummy posted, but it seems to appear anyways.  In other words, Public Mobile is being nice and giving us data regardless of AutoPay.

The big advantage of AutoPay is the $2 credit which gets you to $13 before other credits/taxes/etc. 🙂

If you're seeing something different, let us know!

@Yummy wrote:

@softech wrote:

If you have been on the $15 plan, you should already be getting the 250Mb even without Autopay setup.

that's the exactly where the confusion is... for whatever reason, the 250MB was thrown in for free to non-Autopay subscribers.    So, I guess this is something likely we don't want PM to fix it by removing 250Mb but those without Autopay..

or maybe just  need to fix the words on the plan.    However, I have a feeling PM let it slip away because they want ppl to use Autopay.  Autopay likely encourage people to stay, at least stay a month or two longer as ppl tends to forget to remove it.  They don't want to openly tell everyone .. yes, don't use Autopay  on $15 and we are still giving it to you for free.

Dtack

@nissanzaman818  - yes do look at your account to make sure.  You should be getting the autopay data and if not I would then use the chat bubble at the bottom of the page to contact a CSA to look into the matter for you.

@softech wrote:

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nissanzaman818   did the payment just sent through today?

If you logon to My Account, check the My Data & Add-on section, there should be a line showing 250Mb data, do you see it there? Can you post a screenshot?

Also, to clarify, there is some wording confusion with the Plan.  For $15 plan, there is 250Mb data with or without autopay enabled.   

I see you have been a  Community member for sometime and I assume you are PM customer for some time, too.  If you have been on the $15 plan, you should already be getting the 250Mb even without Autopay setup.  Enable Autopay now would not give you an extra 250MB (ie, you won't get 500Mb, you will still be getting 250Mb)

Need Help? Let's chat.