cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we rewarded for every referral even if we have more referrals than our rate plan?

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi

Can anyone confirm whether we are rewarded for every referral even if we have more referrals than our rate plan?

I added a new referral on Nov 5 and received the confirmation text from Public Mobile.

I checked my account today. Under My Rewards, the "Refer-a-Friend Reward" still shows the same amount without my new referral.

I was about to create a ticket for moderators to take a look. When chatting with Simon regarding referral bonus, the robot writes: "Combined Rewards amount cannot exceed the value of your rate plan."

Does this mean I should stop referring or change to a higher rate plan?

51 REPLIES 51

Correct if a referral suspends their account the number disappears from your list. 

Daps

@esjliv wrote:

@Daps wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Daps wrote:

@Anonymous 

I thought that was a possibility, but I already checked. It's the same list +1.

So your detailed list count does not match your overview total?

Yes correct. 16 numbers on list. Reward amount shows as $15

Did your cycle get renewed yet?

Not yet. 10 days to go.

Daps

@JoyLuck wrote:

@Daps wrote:

@Anonymous 

Have a look at this post.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Big-scam-from-Public-Mobile/td-p/594094

My name's Maria and I'm happy to assist you. 

I have reviewed your account and as you mentioned, I noticed that though there are 14 numbers showing in your referees there are $13 rewards credits listed.

It's important to mention that in order for you to receive the referer a friend rewards, all of your friends have to be active in our network with an active plan. 

When one of the referees isn't active only the rewards for active friends will reflect in your account. 

In case a friend that isn't currently active decides to resume his/her service, then you'd get the rewards applied at the next renewal date for that referee. 

In case that friends stay without an active plan for more than 90 calendar days, his account will be deactivated and that phone number will be removed out of your list of referees or in case one of your friends decides port out, it will also be removed out of your referee's list and the referral rewards will be adjusted so you'd get rewards only for active friend's in our network. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Warm regards, 

Maria L. 

Public Mobiel Moderator. 

@JoyLuck 

That's an interesting post. I see there is no assigned solution (yet).

I had the impression that when someone leaves pm (or suspends service temporarily), that number would be removed from the list of referred numbers.

So let’s say some one is on the $15 plan. 

Minus $2 for auto-pay 

Minus $1 for loyalty

Minus $12 for 12 referrals 

Minus $5 for community participation 

Total of $20 of credits minus $15 for plan equals your balance to be $5 higher. 

Your balance once your cycle has been paid for WILL be $5 higher. 

If one of your referrals suspends their account you will receive a text and will temporarily lose the referral and the $1 credit until the account is un suspended. 

So is NOT a bad idea to have a few more credits than what your plan costs as this will cover referrals that are suspended or totally lost and will be a credit to your balance. 

It is a bad idea to step up a plan if you don’t need it. 

@esjliv Question - For Example....Are you saying that if you have 16 refer-a-friend referrals and you are on the $15 Plan, you WOULD not receive $1 into your Available Funds upon your renewal?

no, it depends, if you are building up to a free plan and you're also participating in the community. I think they slow down your referrals or take some away.

I was still able to receive extra credit.($5-10+) but it seemed to have stopped my referrals from increasing. when I upgraded plans, I started to receive credit for the MIA number on my referral count list.

you're already close to a free $25 plan. you should just upgrade. then build up to a free $35 plan and so on

36 😉

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Daps wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

@Daps yes upgrade to a higher plan. I experienced the same thing. 

You also have more referrals than your rate plan?

You think there was a recent change done by public?

I had 15 referrals for a while. Just got 16, but my next renewal is 10 days from now.

@Daps , My experience, when my rewards are more value than my Plan Rate, the difference (the value exceeding my Plan Rate) gets added to my Available Funds. This should happen to you, I suspect, as well.

@Daps wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

I had 15 referrals for a while. Just got 16, but my next renewal is 10 days from now.

There have been no changes to the way referrals are credited.

Daps

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Daps wrote:

Hi

Can anyone confirm whether we are rewarded for every referral even if we have more referrals than our rate plan?

Yes, but there is a $110 refer-a-friend reward credit limit if you're on a 30 day plan. 

Wow 110. Yes thanks, but I am at 16 lol.

Daps

@gpixel wrote:

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Daps wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Daps wrote:

@Anonymous 

Did your cycle get renewed yet?

@gpixel wrote:

No! Don’t do that unless you need the more expensive plan. 

@Daps wrote:

@Anonymous 

Have a look at this post.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Big-scam-from-Public-Mobile/td-p/594094

My name's Maria and I'm happy to assist you. 

I have reviewed your account and as you mentioned, I noticed that though there are 14 numbers showing in your referees there are $13 rewards credits listed.

It's important to mention that in order for you to receive the referer a friend rewards, all of your friends have to be active in our network with an active plan. 

When one of the referees isn't active only the rewards for active friends will reflect in your account. 

In case a friend that isn't currently active decides to resume his/her service, then you'd get the rewards applied at the next renewal date for that referee. 

In case that friends stay without an active plan for more than 90 calendar days, his account will be deactivated and that phone number will be removed out of your list of referees or in case one of your friends decides port out, it will also be removed out of your referee's list and the referral rewards will be adjusted so you'd get rewards only for active friend's in our network. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Warm regards, 

Maria L. 

Public Mobiel Moderator. 

@gpixel wrote:

@gpixel Question - For Example....Are you saying that if you have 16 refer-a-friend referrals and you are on the $15 Plan, you WOULD not receive $1 into your Available Funds upon your renewal?

Daps

@Anonymous wrote:

@Daps wrote:

@Anonymous 

@Daps wrote:

Hi

Yes, but there is a $110 refer-a-friend reward credit limit if you're on a 30 day plan. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Daps wrote:

Hi

I added a new referral on Nov 5 and received the confirmation text from Public Mobile.

I checked my account today. Under My Rewards, the "Refer-a-Friend Reward" still shows the same amount without my new referral.

I was about to create a ticket for moderators to take a look. When chatting with Simon regarding referral bonus, the robot writes: "Combined Rewards amount cannot exceed the value of your rate plan."

Does this mean I should stop referring or change to a higher rate plan?

If you are sure the people you referred are still with PM and are CURRENT ACTIVE users, than you should still be getting those rewards.

Under the "My Rewards" section, click on the arrow pointing to the right under "Total Rewards Earned", then it will open up the phone numbers of who you referred (Showing only the last 4 digits). Are they all there?

esjliv_0-1598444864917.png

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Daps yes upgrade to a higher plan. I experienced the same thing. Im receiving the missing referral credit now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Daps wrote:

@Anonymous 

The extra referral may show as 1 extra dollar in your balance on hand once your payment has been taken. Does it?

Daps

@Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Daps 

Perhaps one of your referrals coincidentally dropped off.

Need Help? Let's chat.