cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips for a newbie?

Jenny6745
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've just switched to public mobile. 

Do I need to follow up with my old provider and are there any tips for a newbie to the service?

8 REPLIES 8

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A good way to start is use autopay as that will automatically get you $2 off. Next if you can refer family and friends who are looking to join. As long as their account is active you get $1 off. Once your familiar with service you may help answer questions on the community fourms you will get up to $20 off. Last bill I got $14 off my account for using fourms. 

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jenny6745, I'm a newbie too. I joined less than a month ago. When I have time, I'll read through the new posts and try and learn as much as I can from other people's experiences.  If I find someone's post helpful, I give it a bravo.

When it's a situation I have personally experienced and I think my experience might be helpful, then I'll comment. I don't think I'll ever get to be one of the top posters, but it's kinda fun to be on the boards and help others. I think this business model is interesting (using a community forum as part of the support stream) and it seems to work pretty well.

On the lower right hand side of the page, click on the orange ball. Type in "Rewards" for some of Rewards subject matter. Welcome to PM.

@Jenny6745 wrote:

I'm wondering how to take advantage of all the rewards to drive my bill down

Welcome to PM 🙂

Take some time and familiarize yourself with the community, look at the top contributors and see how they respond to requested help. You can use their responses as a cheat sheet and make your own. If you don't know the answer to someones question use the search feature 99.9% of every question someone asks has already been answered before.

Remember quality of posting is more important than quantity.

Jenny6745

I'm wondering how to take advantage of all the rewards to drive my bill down

Jenny6745

The community. I've just set up and hoping there are no issues 🙂

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Jenny6745 wrote:

I've just switched to public mobile. 

Do I need to follow up with my old provider and are there any tips for a newbie to the service?

If you ported your old service to public mobile, the account with automatically be closed.

Tips for the community? Or tips for using your cell phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.