cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any new rewards or promo

Kidmui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know that there was a $25-credit refer-a-friend promotion just expired last week. Just wondering if there is any possibility that it will come back or that it has gotten extended. I have a friend who wanted me to refer her to PM last week just to realize that the promo has expired. So I am wondering if we need to wait for the next round (if there will be any), or this promotion has gotten extended, or that there may be another promo going on/will go on soon. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kidmui as @ShawnC13 mentioned you're not really missing anything.  Whatever you see on the website and in the forums is what's happening, nothing is hidden, so technically no big promos to go crazy about right now.  We're at mid August, from my experience cell providers start back-to-school promos during the last week of August until the first week of September.  But no guarantees of course.  Technically from what I've been hearing, the 3G speeds are pretty decent, but I have 4G/LTE and I'm not taking the risk to drop to 3G.  If you're like me then I'd stay put, tell your friends to wait a bit, see what happens in the next couple weeks.  Or if you're exactly like me, just keep waiting until you see something pretty nice, like during Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals, or Christmas Holiday / New Years deals.  

I did a speed test on my 3/5 bat LTE connection at lunch today, sitting outdoors with no obstructions.  The ping was 30, download speed was 69 Mbps, and upload was about 15 Mbps.

i was sitting in Brantford, near the Highway 403 corridor.  Speed was great, but I rarely see this speed as I don’t typically use my phone for data outside of buildings.

im on the Fall 2016 Promo which was a super deal, but I’m considering dropping to the current 4.5GB/30-day Promo as I don’t feel like I require full LTE speeds.  The $40 payment is certainly easier than the current $120 for 90-days.

@Kidmui, not missing anything.  PM has focused on the LTE lite/3G plans and prices did increase on the 4G awhile ago.  it is what it is.  Unless you are trying to watch HD movies on yoru phone I don't think the 3G plans will be a problem for you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Kidmui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dna2016, LOL. I will try to do that (crossing my fingers and toes).

@dna2016 and @ShawnC13, so what are the current promos other than the $10 for my friend, $1 each month for me referral rewards? I see mostly for 3G plans. But we are looking for a 4G plans. Maybe I am asking for too much, but those don't seem very attractive, particularly comparing to what I have right now. Just wondering if I have missed anything. Thanks.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kidmui, ya you definitely missed out on that awesome promo.  As @ShawnC13 said there are other offers going on at the moment (maybe not as great, but still good).  I'd say keep an eye out for back to school stuff if you're willing to wait a bit, but of course there's no guarantees.  That's the risk, you wait and maybe nothing will happen, and then the current promo is discontinued and you end up with nothing.  Or you take the current promo, and then like 5 days later a better promo comes and you can't take advantage of it.  Sucks but that's the nature of the business.  I'm personally holding out to see if there are any back-to-school deals, I'm taking the risk and keeping all my fingers and toes crossed (very hard to type and walk like that, you should try it), lol.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Kidmui wrote:

I know that there was a $25-credit refer-a-friend promotion just expired last week. Just wondering if there is any possibility that it will come back or that it has gotten extended. I have a friend who wanted me to refer her to PM last week just to realize that the promo has expired. So I am wondering if we need to wait for the next round (if there will be any), or this promotion has gotten extended, or that there may be another promo going on/will go on soon. Thanks.

There are various retail promos going on right now and still withteh  refera  friend anyone you refer will get a $10 credit and you will still get the $1 per month for as long as they are PM customers.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.