cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 1gb free data add-on regular data not working

Yanwj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not sure if this is just coincidence, but after my 1gb of free extra data ran out my internet stopped working. I can still txt and call/ use Wi-Fi, however my mobile data won't work. I checked my online account and it isn't showing my data usage anywhere as if after the free 1gb ran out it didn't go back to using my regular 6.5gb. Tried sim on 2 phones, same thing. Any ideas? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Yanwj

Looks like you're right, as under my data & add-ons it shows nothing listed there at all. So looks like it kept using the 1gb even after plan renewal a few days ago and then my new months data counter never renewed.

Contacted mod yesterday but haven't heard anything since I authenticated the msg. How long does it normally take?

Thanks for the help

@Yanwj 

There looks to be 2 possible scenerios.
- Either your phone (or a friend) highjacked your data (those HD videos can easily take care of any remaining data).
- Or your data counter wasn't reset properly during your last plan renewal.

Can you check data usage on your phone and/or usage history on you Self-serve account?

If you have not used anywhere near 6.5 GB since your last renewal, then you should contact Moderator_team as mentioned by @Anonymous.

To submit a ticket to Moderators, click on the green Question Mark (at bottom right).
Type "submit a ticket" or "contact us" to get started.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yanwj  - Sounds like you might need to contact moderator team.  You can click on the question mark on the lower right of any Help page and go through Simon to get a ticket opened.

Yanwj

The 1gb was about 50% used during my rollover to the next months billing cycle and it kept using the 1gb into the new period. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, just thinking it's odd timing as this has never happened before.

When I try to click view my usage online it doesn't show any data usage, just shows call/txt usage etc.

On a side note there was an issue giving me my referral credits and they sent me credits after the fact that are supposed to be applied next bill. It shows the auto payment was still made however.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yanwj wrote:

I'm not sure if this is just coincidence, but after my 1gb of free extra data ran out my internet stopped working. I can still txt and call/ use Wi-Fi, however my mobile data won't work. I checked my online account and it isn't showing my data usage anywhere as if after the free 1gb ran out it didn't go back to using my regular 6.5gb. Tried sim on 2 phones, same thing. Any ideas? Thanks

There are a couple things possibly going on here. One is that some plan data buckets aren't getting reset properly at renewal. The other is that the gift 1gb add-on took precedence over plan data.

As above, add-ons aren't supposed to get used until plan data is consumed.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Yanwj wrote:

@YanwjThe free 1gb would not get used till your 6.5gb plan data was used up first if we are talking about the one time 1gb bonus promo. The 1gb is add-on data. If you were using the 1gb it meant all the rest of your base plan data was used. Are you sure you have anything left on 6.5gb? Can you take a screen shot of your account add-on section?

If plan / renewing data isn't showing on the OVERVIEW Page (when you first sign into self-serve), then it has been used up for your current cycle. Conventional thinking would suggest that the system display the data still showing 100% consumption. Unfortunately, the self serve is programmed to remove reference to data when it is all used up.  If you don't see the data list in your plan details (I believe it's the Plans & Add-ons page), then you have an account issue and will need to contact the moderator team for assistance.

Need Help? Let's chat.