cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Sign-in vs Community Sign-in

IssacKu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, I forgot my original Community Sign-in so I created a new one. The question is if I participate in the Community and earn Badges and Bravos, will my rewards be auto linked to my personal account or do I have to connect both accounts under self serve? Thanks! 

40 REPLIES 40

Jrt9002
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

community sign in and Public Mobile own user name is different to each other.In my case I used my email id for check in my Usage and I ued my simple username for community sign in If u forgot your user name u can reset it by password instruction 

@IssacKu  Ah yes,  noted and thanks for the update. 👍

IssacKu

Because I forgot my original community username and when I registered for a new one. And typed in my account email. It gave me an error message in red stating that the email is already being used. 

@IssacKu wrote:

Yes the issue was that I couldn't remember my community log-in. So I had to create a new one with a new email address. Then I changed the email address on my account profile to match the new community email address. 

@IssacKu  Not sure why you could not use the same email for your new community account. Again, the requirement is that your community and Self-Serve email address must be the same, so if you earn a Community Reward, you can get it applied to your account.

IssacKu

Yes the email is same for both. Had to changed my account email to match the new community email. Moderator gave the okay. 

@IssacKu wrote:

I was just wondering if these new changes would cause problems with my monthly rewards 

Having different emails for the community and self serve accounts can affect the rewards.  Now you just need to wait for the moderators to respond.  They should be able to ensure that your email is the same for both accounts. 

Wait time to hear back can be anywhere from one hour or more, but it seems like it should be fairly quick these days as they have been responding to community posts regularly lately.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@IssacKu wrote:

I was just wondering if these new changes would cause problems with my monthly rewards 

The only reward effected by the community account is the contributor one. Autopay, loyalty and referrals aren't effected.

IssacKu

IssacKu

Yes the issue was that I couldn't remember my community log-in. So I had to create a new one with a new email address. Then I changed the email address on my account profile to match the new community email address. 

IssacKu

Yes I submitted a ticket. Moderator reached out. Waiting for confirmation. Thanks. 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Self Serve account and Community are two different things. Rewards will be credited and found in Self Serve under Rewards. To avoid confusion, try to have the same log-in info for both pages.

Ed404

@IssacKu wrote:

Yes, the first letter is a capital on the new email address. So auto types the capital. Will that cause problems with regards to my monthly rewards?

If the email is different even by a capital it will not work and @geopublic just pointed out that if you change it yourself in self-serve it won't work.

You need to contact the moderator team here or you can try submitting a ticket.

IssacKu

I changed it myself on the self serve account. However, I opened a ticket and have not yet received word from moderator

IssacKu

Yes, the first letter is a capital on the new email address. So auto types the capital. Will that cause problems with regards to my monthly rewards?

@IssacKu  If you changed your selfserve email by submitting a ticket then yes it will work. If you changed your email via the selfserve profile option then no it will not work.

IssacKu

Thanks I'll remember that for the future 

Ed404

@IssacKu wrote:

I changed my Account email address instead to match Community email address. Is that going to be a proble with regards to dollar rewards received

Yeah I think that will work. You typed it in with the exact same capitals right?

@IssacKu wrote:

Yes there were no issues when clicking on the question mark 

For future reference if you'e not getting anywhere with SIMon, click on the envelope icon right above your post (next to your avatar), and you can send a message to Moderator_Team from there.  That was the usual way to get in touch with moderators before we were advised to use SIMon chatbot since it's official roll out a couple of months ago.

IssacKu

I changed my Account email address instead to match Community email address. Is that going to be a proble with regards to dollar rewards received

IssacKu

Yes there were no issues when clicking on the question mark 

Ed404

@IssacKu wrote:

It works now. It takes a minute or two for the system to recognize new password changes

Great news!Smiley Happy

IssacKu

It works now. It takes a minute or two for the system to recognize new password changes

@IssacKu  Just change the email for your community account to be the same as your selfserve account.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Yes, just tried it, it briefly brought up the correct page and then went to error!  Unfortunately, PM does experience a lot of these technical glitches, so providing links that don't always work as intended becomes a little frustrating.

My link is exactly the same as clicking on the "click here" button in SIMon. It's not a unique link, but it breaks frequently.

Yes I believe @Luddite  has had issues with the link too.  I think that is the reason why so many users end up advising to click the question mark instead.

Welcome to the downside of PM:)

Ed404

@dabr wrote:

Yes, just tried it, it briefly brought up the correct page and then went to error!  Unfortunately, PM does experience a lot of these technical glitches, so providing links that don't always work as intended becomes a little frustrating.

My link is exactly the same as clicking on the "click here" button in SIMon. It's not a unique link, but it breaks frequently.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

I tried it on Firefox?

Try Edge browser, it's the exact link SIMbot gives you.

EDIT: It's now broken for me in Edge Browser despite me checking literally 30 seconds ago.

Ed404

@dabr wrote:

I tried it on Firefox?

Try Edge browser, it's the exact link SIMbot gives you.

EDIT: It's now broken for me in Edge Browser despite me checking literally 30 seconds ago.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Ed404  just a heads up, your link is not working... comes up with error 404.

It works for me in Edge browser. Just tried it in Google Chrome it leads me to a 404 error too.

I tried it on Firefox?

@IssacKu wrote:

Yes I clicked on the link but when I sign in I get an error message. Same thing happens when I log into community on my desktop. However, no issues logging into community on mobile. 

Which link did you click and remember you can always click on the?

Most users have problems on their mobile and not on the desktop...a bit strange.

Did you try the question mark?

Need Help? Let's chat.