cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOPAY SCAMMED AGAIN

amallya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My account page shows $111 as "billed" amount after all the "rewards" deductions, but $125 was taken from my credit card.

Scamming company. 

14 REPLIES 14

shaner82

I made the some mistake once, although I simply sent them a message rather than rant about it.  I forgot all about the taxes.  I find the way Public Mobile lists the amount owing, it appears to be an all inclusive amount, even though it obviously isn't.  

There really should be a better invoice system.  I can't make sense of the charges/credits I get.  

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Richard-terry wrote:
The real scam is when u buy a voucher at the gastation u get charged tax there than taxed again on your plan

No, you are NOT double-taxed on any amounts paid by vouchers.

Amounts seen on PM's self-serve portal do not include taxes, whether it's payment due or available funds. Voucher amounts added to the account balance (available funds) have already had taxes charged at the point of sale, i.e. at the retailer where it was obtained. When the voucher is loaded onto the account, the taxes are not loaded as well, to keep everything displayed in the account on a pre-tax basis.  Therefore, voucher amounts subtract from the pre-tax total of any payment due, and taxes are then charged on the lower pre-tax total when payment is taken from your credit card.  I've loaded vouchers on my account before and this is the way it has worked every time.

For example, if your payment due is $120 and you add a top-up of $40 from a voucher, the payment due would drop to $80, pre-tax. You would have paid tax on the $40 voucher at the retailer already, so you would not be paying tax on that amount again. Therefore, in this example, assuming tax is 13%, the amount charged to the credit card at renewal will be: [$120-$40] x 1.13 = $90.40. In other words, it will be $80 + (tax on $80), not $80 + (tax on $120).  That is assuming no rewards.  If you had rewards, then those would further lower the pre-tax total of the payment due.  In that way, every reward dollar is actually worth $1+tax, although, just as with any other amount, the tax portion will not appear in your PM account.

I hope that was sufficiently clear.

Richard-terry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
The real scam is when u buy a voucher at the gastation u get charged tax there than taxed again on your plan

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Agreed... The 1st reply was marked as the solution (and the OP was an honest mistake). Although their stance was a bit off-putting, I think sometimes people can get a bit defensive of PM in their responses (No other response was really required)

Although the OP can be seen to warn off potential customers, the replies could as well (and in my opinion, even more so)

navinshenoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looks like some model citizens and forum participants dont know how to respond and are doing well to chase away customers. Yes the person seems upset, but it is not directed at any individual, so seems a bit uncalled for to ask person to leave pm.

I have been with pm for 1 week and am aleady struggling with no service. Lack of support options are not helping my perception of the company either.

Raven_Jet
I agree. Go find another plan and service that is so good. Then you will come back knowing how good PM is.

skifan

@amallya  It definitely sounds like you should choose another cell provider.  There is no sense in staying with Public considering how poorly you think of them.  Although, I am sure you will be dearly missed.:....bon voyage!   😉

amallya

@will13am wrote:

@amallya, raging and posting allegations without proof resolves nothing.  The one thing we can say without wavering is this company is honesty and fair.  All errant charges are corrected by the moderator team promptly.  

Good for you. I hope you aren't doing a faceless corporation PR for free...

public mobile is a faceless corpo, and is not "honest & fair". they can do whatever they want, and the only recourse is this crappy forum staffed by people working for free.

jokes.

It is listed somewhere, I know I've seen it.

Vickel

that page should indicate that taxes are extra if being charged on a credit card.

I know if you get the vouchers you pay taxes there.

jeffster1970

@amallya wrote:

My account page shows $111 as "billed" amount after all the "rewards" deductions, but $125 was taken from my credit card.

Scamming company. 

As others have mentioned, they don't include "tax" in that.  No different than buying a new 70" LED TV for $1000 to be charged $130 in taxes and $70 in eco fees for a total of $1,200. 

I don't think you got ripped off. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@amallya I do hope you will reply to either of the other posters to this thread allowing us to know that either 

A.  You were mistake, you simply forgot that the charge displayed by Public Mobile is without taxes, and everything is fine,

B.  See option A, as there is no other solution.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@amallya, raging and posting allegations without proof resolves nothing.  The one thing we can say without wavering is this company is honesty and fair.  All errant charges are corrected by the moderator team promptly.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@amallya, the amount shown is before tax $111 +12%= $124.32  $111 + 13% = $125.43.  Do either of these match what you were charged on your credit card?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.