cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

33$ worth of refer a friend rewards

pattyford
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is going to sound like a real first world problem here.  I appear to have 33$ worth of refer a friend rewards which should not be the case.  I haven't referred a soul.  I'm kind of confused about this and only recently looked when I was finding my bill to be incredibly cheap.

Of course this is a great benefit so why complain right?  But I'm worried that this will go on for much longer and then PM will come back looking to bill me for their screw up.

Hoping for some help.

12 REPLIES 12

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think it might be errors on people inputting the codes.  I don't have memory referring anyone recently and I picked up a referral the other day so it might have been a mistake or someone might have used mine when I did share it a while back.

Who knows...

@AE_Collector wrote:

It is a pain having a 0 or O in my code. It is XXXX4O with the 4 bring the only number so logically people will assume the final O (letter O) is a 0 (zero) as it looks like 40 (forty). Someone very active at referrals might have messed up along these lines.

Terry

Because of this problem, I share the preloaded link in my personal email signature line, as a bit of a promo to my friends and colleagues if they wish to consider Public Mobile.

It is a pain having a 0 or O in my code. It is XXXX4O with the 4 being the only number so logically people will assume the final O (letter O) is a 0 (zero) as it looks like 40 (forty). Someone very active at referrals might have messed up along these lines.

Terry

pattyford

Thank you!  That’s even better. I have sent a private message.

@pattyford wrote:

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.  I was trying to use Simon but couldn’t figure out how to get to the point of actually creating a ticket.

I will try your suggestions.  And leave feedback on results once I have some.

Click this to message moderator

If you can't get to the submit ticket screen, type moderator. A couple of clicks later, youll be there.

pattyford

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.  I was trying to use Simon but couldn’t figure out how to get to the point of actually creating a ticket.

I will try your suggestions.  And leave feedback on results once I have some.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pattyford wrote:

This is going to sound like a real first world problem here.  I appear to have 33$ worth of refer a friend rewards which should not be the case.  I haven't referred a soul.  I'm kind of confused about this and only recently looked when I was finding my bill to be incredibly cheap.

Of course this is a great benefit so why complain right?  But I'm worried that this will go on for much longer and then PM will come back looking to bill me for their screw up.

Hoping for some help.

I would just stay quiet.  Remember you have been most likely been taken advantage by Canadian Cell Phone Providers.  Consider it a early Christmas Gift from Santa

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @pattyford 

When you log in and click on rewards, if you click on the small arrow the list should appear.

It's possible that somebody misspelled their code on social media.

If there is no list at all then it's very likely that it is a mistake

Do you have O's or 0's in your referral code. That one is really easy to misspell

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pattyford Did you take over a plan from a friend or did you activate your own? Maybe someone else sent out the wrong referral code. Best to login into your selfserve account and click on the My Rewards link and check out the referrals listed. If it's PM's error they will not ask for the funds but kudos to you for doing the right thing. 👍

@pattyford If Simon doesn't get you to the screen below, Type Moderator and it will push you towards talking to a human.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Not a bad problem to have, but if your integrity leads you to rectify this, which is honorable...

Create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand like Referral credit issue. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.