cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 referral credit Feb 14 - Mar 18

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Top right announcement panel on my self serve overview page is showing $25 referral promo.

Sharing is caring!

From Feb 14 – Mar 18, 2019 refer your friend to Public Mobile and both you and your friend will receive a one-time $25 account credit!

30 REPLIES 30

Mattwinters
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@lisaz wrote:

Is the 6x $10/month promo over??

That promotion ended on March 4, 2019.

lisaz

Is the 6x $10/month promo over??

@dthachuk wrote:

Hi:

I am a newbie.

Just signed up March 14.

Was referred by a friend.

Rather than wait for a SiM card I called and went to Walmart.

They said they would waive the $10 SiM card cost.

They did not mention that I would lose the $25 credit for me and my friend.

I feel cheated.

I will go back to Walmart and let them know my thoughts!

Any comments?

That is unfortunate.  However, did you ask?  Did the person lie to you?  If you went in and agreed to let the person activate it, I really don't see the employee there as having done anything wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dthachuk wrote:

Hi:

I am a newbie.

Just signed up March 14.

I feel cheated.

Any comments?

Yup. Walmart. I had the same answer...free SIM if I activate there. But they did say I could just buy a SIM which apparently is rare with them.

You should still be able to get the standard $10 credit and the referring friend would also get the $1/30 days.

dthachuk

Hi:

I am a newbie.

Just signed up March 14.

I feel cheated.

Any comments?

dthachuk

Hi:

I am a newbie.

Just signed up March 14.

I feel cheated.

Any comments?

popping

@team_losi123 wrote:

I refered a friend and they signed up last tuesday feb 19th on the 6 gjg $45 plan and referenced my #, I received the $1 referal credit but neither her nor I received our $25 credit, its been more than 72 hours

The $25 referral credit promo is only for at home online activation only.

Was your friend activate her plan online or in-store?

If she activated her plan at a store, she will get the regular one time $10 referral credit and you will get $1/30days as long as she stays with PM.

Ask her to check the payment history.  There should be referral credit payment within 72 hours after activation.

First did you activate online not in store??? In store that's normal no promo but online you will have the 25$...and you will need help from the moderator here.. @team_losi123 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

waiting time few hours to 2 days..

team_losi123

I refered a friend and they signed up last tuesday feb 19th on the 6 gjg $45 plan and referenced my #, I received the $1 referal credit but neither her nor I received our $25 credit, its been more than 72 hours

Anonymous
Not applicable

@philjane wrote:

the sim card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server.  please insert another sim card from a supported carrier or request that the iphone be unlocked by your carrier.  I purchased the phone from best buy and it is unlocked.

Was it bought in a store, brand new, in the box or online from a seller selling through BestBuy?

Strange... can you try it in another phone @philjane??? It looks like a problem wit the SIM card...??? Or with the phone not unlocked????

philjane
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

the sim card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server.  please insert another sim card from a supported carrier or request that the iphone be unlocked by your carrier.  I purchased the phone from best buy and it is unlocked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@philjane wrote:

I received a sim card from you, activated it online, placed it in the iphone(which myfriend just purchased)  and it is saying that the sim is not supported,

Does the phone go on with any more of the message? Or is that it...SIM not supported?

@philjane.  This most likely means the iPhone is locked to another carrier.

philjane
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a sim card from you, activated it online, placed it in the iphone(which myfriend just purchased)  and it is saying that the sim is not supported,

SD08

@Dankaroo wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

So @popping we can stack both promotion 6x $10/m promo with this $25 referral credit 

???

What is the 10$/6m promo for? Referrals?

@Dankaroo  It's this promo (activate any plan worth $30/month or more):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-and-get-10-off-...

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lieux wrote:

So @popping we can stack both promotion 6x $10/m promo with this $25 referral credit 

???

What is the 10$/6m promo for? Referrals?

@mimmo wrote:

Long thread on rfd coming, hopefully moblesyrup gets the article correct this time. 

The mobile syrup writers scrape hot deals information from the RFD threads all the time.  If it were not for RFD, the mobile syrup site would be empty. 

popping

Yes. If you meet the condition of both promo.  The $25 referral promo was online only.  That is the reason why I said earlier to check the promo condition when it is announced. .

mimmo

Long thread on rfd coming, hopefully moblesyrup gets the article correct this time. 

Thanks @Alan_K !! Smiley Happy

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lieux wrote:

???

Yes, it's stackable Smiley Happy

???

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Here we go again, the announcement is a day late and a dollar short!  They need to automate the announcements so that they appear just before the information is loaded into customer accounts. 

popping

@mimmo wrote:

I'm sure there will be an announcement  @Lieux we just have to be patient 🙂 

I

Read the condition of this promo when it is announced.  You don't want to miss the chance to stack the 6x $10/m promo with this $25 referral credit 

EDIT:  The $25 credit is for online activation only.  If you want to stack $25 referral and 6x $10/m promotions together, make sure that you activate online at home.  Don't use computer at PM retail partner stores

mimmo

I'm sure there will be an announcement  @Lieux we just have to be patient 🙂 

I

YESSSS thanks I can see it now @stonechucker...They don't want that anyone see it????Smiley Frustrated

I shared it in the french side!!! It's written that for more info you can see them on the community??!!!!! But where?????

@Lieux, it's inside 'My Account', on the right side of the overview page.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Not me I have nothing...strange...

Need Help? Let's chat.