cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 Referral -- only got $2?

evolfson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, Im new here to public mobile!

I just signed up and was referred by my mom's account.

Each of us only got the $2 refer a friend bonus rather than the $25.

Screenshot at Mar 24 22-01-30.png

The account was created this morning.

Can someone please help with this issue?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

@krazykiwi wrote:

@evolfson wrote:

Thanks!

EDIT: If noone has used your number to be referred to PM than the "Refer-a-Friend" should be $0.

I too am curious about $2 showing up in referral rewards for both accounts.   As you arlready noticed, the new account should say $0, unless the new account has already been used to refer more new customers.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@evolfson wrote:

Thanks!

Hi,

If this is a screenshot from your account and not your moms then this indicates that since you signed up this morning you have referred 2 different people (nothing to do with your mom or her referring you) to PM and you have signed up for autopay. $2 reward for autopay and $1 reward for each person you refer. With this being said you should receive (within 72 hours) $25 credit for being referred by your mom and $25 credit each for the 2 people you referred for a total of $75. Now these $25 credits ($75 in total) are credits and not rewards so it will not show up in the rewards section but will show up in your "Transaction History" has a "$25 referral credit" for your mom referring you and $25 each for the 2 referrals you have done. 

If this is your moms screenshot or if hers looks the same then it tells me that she is signed up for autopay and she has referred 2 other people, one of which is probably you. Again the $25 credits will show in the "Transaction History" and not in the rewards section. 

As @will13am  mentioned, all rewards (in this case autopay and friend referral) will not be applied to your available funds until your plan comes up for renewal. at which time it will be applied to your account and then used for your renewal, reducing the total amount you will be debited for when your plan renews. The $25 credits will show up within 72 hrs and will be applied to your available funds for your to use at anytime. You can leave it to be applied to your plan renewal or you can use it to purchase an add-on.

With all that being said if you have not referred 2 other people (again nothing to do with your mom) since activating your own sim this morning then there is an issue and you should contact the MODs to sort it out. This issue may also be with your moms account if she has not referred 2 people.

EDIT: If noone has used your number to be referred to PM than the "Refer-a-Friend" should be $0.

To Contact the Moderators click this link and describe in detail your situation.

@evolfson wrote:

So the $2 - refer a friend reward - will modify to $25 within 72 hours?

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@evolfson wrote:

Yes, that text was recieved. 

Great!  Both of you should see it in your Available Funds within 72 hours.

A lot has been spoken already, but this has not been mentioned and so I will poke my nose into the discussion.  The $2 showing for refer a friend has not been paid out and will not be paid out until the renewal night.  If you click on the reward link, click on the sideways triangle, you will get an expanded view of the "possible rewards".  There will be a disclaimer that says "Actual amount may change based on account activity prior to your payment due date. "  This is the explanation for the $2 not being paid out yet.  

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@evolfson You may need to contact the Moderator for them to take a look into your account. Click on the envelop icon next to the noticification icon and send to "Moderator_Team". 

Welcome to Public Mobile!

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you click on "My Reward' button, it will bring you to the Rewards screen and you should see it there once it is added to your account tomorrow.

evolfson

@Anonymous wrote:

@evolfson wrote:

Edit: Oh I see. (helps if I look at the image 🙂 ). Yes. You have two referrals connected to your number. That's the 30 day referral reward.

While you might have 2 referrals to get the $2...you're probably looking at the $2 autopay reward that does arrive in your available funds upon initial activation.

The $25 credit will probably arrive over night.

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@evolfson wrote:

Edit: Oh I see. (helps if I look at the image 🙂 ). Yes. You have two referrals connected to your number. That's the 30 day referral reward.

While you might have 2 referrals to get the $2...you're probably looking at the $2 autopay reward that does arrive in your available funds upon initial activation.

The $25 credit will probably arrive over night.

evolfson

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@evolfson wrote:

Pizzaeh

@evolfson wrote:

@evolfson  a écrit :

Good just to wait now until you can see it..Smiley Happy

evolfson

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@evolfson wrote:

Yes, both accounts were activates online.  

Did your mother receive a text message about successfully referring a friend?  The credit will usually appear in the account the following morning after receiving that text message.

Within 72 hours (usually the next day), look in your Transaction history for the $25 referral credit.

Pizzaeh

@evolfson wrote:

Did your mother receive a text message about successfully referring a friend?  The credit will usually appear in the account the following morning after receiving that text message.

Within 72 hours (usually the next day), look in your Transaction history for the $25 referral credit.

evolfson

There is $2 reward for autopay AND a $2 reward for refer a friend which seems too low.  

evolfson

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@evolfson  a écrit :

Thanks!

Did you activate your sim online? If yes it could take up 72 hours before it will show up in your available funds in your self serve account.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@evolfson wrote:

Thanks!

Your $25 should be applied to your account within 72 hours.

Pizzaeh

@evolfson wrote:

Thanks!

The $25 referral is for online activations.  If you entered her number during online activation, both of should see the $25 credit within 72 hours.  The $2 could be from the autopay?  Did you setup autopay for your account?

Need Help? Let's chat.