cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 Refer a Friend Credit?

jd7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I referred someone who activated their SIM on August 2. She says she has only received a $10 credit and so far I haven't gotten anything except a $3 Refer-a-Friend Award. I think that's for the monthly $1 credit for referring a friend who keeps their account active, so it should be separate from the $25 credit.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

publicdj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is today the last day to activate and get this $25 credi for you and your friendt ? will it be automatic as long as you activate a sim before midnight tonight? I saw on the promo that the last day is August 9. Thanks

@Foofieq wrote:

I find the refer a friend program $25 bonus wasn’t described very well.  The PM reps said you could activate in store and get the discount but everyone else is saying activate self serve 

At this point, it is actually more lucrative for the new account to sign up a retail partner.  You will get free SIM card, activation bonus, plus $10 referral.  The referree gets to help with offsetting some of the gains for the new activation by losing the $25 referral bonus.  What $25 among friends anyway?

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Foofieq wrote:

I find the refer a friend program $25 bonus wasn’t described very well.  The PM reps said you could activate in store and get the discount but everyone else is saying activate self serve 

What do you mean by "PM reps" - someone on this forum? Or the person in store who helped you? The salespeople in store are not PM reps, they work for Walmart Wireless/London Drugs/etc.

Foofieq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jd7 sounds very unfortunate.  Your friend has to do an online self activation (preferrably from home), if they did the activation in the retail location (i.e. Walmart), it may not have been done correctly and the $25 bonus may not apply.  I completely don't trust the Walmart locations, too many issues with them, they don't seem to care at all.  

Suggest you contact a MOD and see if they can assist/correct.  I'm sure they have many messages with issues made by Walmart reps. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jd7

Did you tell your friend to activate online to get $25 referral credit?

It looks like your friends acrivate their plan at store.  That is reason why you get onely $1/m credit.  You friends probably getting only $10 referral cerdit instead of $25.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jd7 wrote:

I referred someone who activated their SIM on August 2. She says she has only received a $10 credit and so far I haven't gotten anything except a $3 Refer-a-Friend Award. I think that's for the monthly $1 credit for referring a friend who keeps their account active, so it should be separate from the $25 credit.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Where did she activate? The $25 credit I'd for online activations only. In store activations get the standard referral reward, which is what you described getting.

Need Help? Let's chat.