cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 Credit Frustration - Someone Please help or tell me where I'm wrong

ranmercer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear Moderator Team @CS_Agent or ANYONE that can tell me where I am wrong, please help - I wil be forever grateful and provide bravos for all that can help!

Please assist with this request - please have someone other than Abdallah respond as I don't think he understands my situation.

Please refer to the $25 Referal promo at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-25-Credit-for-You-and-Your-Friend....

Relevant promo details:  "From July 26th until August 8th, 2018, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online......[and]....you receive a one-time $25 credit for each friend you refer and who activates online during the promotional period."   I have posted in the community and several members have confirmed that I should be getting the following total credits - breakdown below:

1. On July 26th, I was referred by my brother (phone number 647-763-xxxx) and I self-activated my SIM online = $25 Credit - is this correct?

2.  On July 27th, I referred TWO family members (phone numbers: 647-290-xxxx and 647-708-xxxx) who self-activated online at home (I activated their SIMs online at home for them) = 2 referrals x $25 per referral  = $50 - is this correct?

3. On July 26th, I registered for Autopay upon self-activation of my SIM at home = $2 credit for month 1 and $2 credit for month 2 = $4 credit that is applied to month 2 - is this correct?

4. Because I have referred 2 people (on July 27th), I will get a $1 credit per person x 2 persons, as long as they are with PM = $2 credit per month - is this correct?

Based on the above, if all the credits are correct based on the offers that PM currently has in place, my total credits for month 2 should be $81, however, my account shows only $52 credit.    

If any of my assumptions above are incorrect, please let me know where and why.  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zippy wrote:

I am not getting my loyalty rewards ($1 each) or my 3 referrals @ $25 for each ($75 total)

How many years have you been with Public Mobile and the same account?

When did those referrals activate?

Where did those referrals activate?

Do you see the $1 each in your rewards area?

@Zippy wrote:

I am not getting my loyalty rewards ($1 each) or my 3 referrals @ $25 for each ($75 total)

When did you activate the new Sims?

Zippy

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I edited out the phone numbers in the posts.  Folks, refrain from posting personal information in the public forums. 

With respect to fund balances and future rewards, the account should have $77 in fund balance consisting of $2 for setting up auto pay and $25 for being referred and $25 x 2 for referring two customers and $4 in future rewards, consisting of $2 for auto pay and $2 in referral rewards.  The future rewards are correctly reflected in the rewards tab.  What is missing is $25 in fund balance.  The way to check why this is the case is to go look at the payment history.  Generally, the $25 referral rewards are posted the day after.  By checking the payment history, it will be possible to trace which of the 3 referrals were not paid out.  I suspect the problem may be with not getting the referred party information properly registered during activation of this account.  There are two referred phone numbers showing in the account which confirms to the two referred parties had properly submitted referrals into the system during their account activation.  Long story short, it is time to check into the brother's account to see if the referral numbers there line up and the payment history. 

ranmercer

@cappaj wrote:

What you copied from your account shows the two people you have referred under referrals, which makes me think that's the $50 you already have. My guess is that your brother's referral of you didn't go through - and you need a mod to go in and put him as the person who referred you.

When Abdallah helped me, he got it mixed up who was referring who, and gave me a similar answer of "you can only get this once" - he *might* be trying to put you in as your brother's referrer, which wouldn't work because your brother probably already has a referrer on his account and you can only do that once. Might need to make clear that it's he who referred you.

Hi @cappaj, yes, this Abdallah mod may be well-intentioned but he seems to be making recurring errors as you've noted with your encounter with him as well. I question his competence, with all due respect, and have requested someone else from the @CS_Agent to have a look at my case. Thus far, no response from the moderator team.  I am disappointed as I have written to them several times and no correct resolution.  And there's no customer service support over the phone so I feel like this is a dead end unless someone else from the moderator team picks up my case.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

It's all good...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, you are entitle to your opinion, but I for one do not want my phone number floating around for people to collect and use/sell of to marketing companies who will start sending me texts, or calling my cell number.  So far I have been relatively lucky.

Oh hey please don't get me wrong. I'm just noticing what seems to be going on.

I DO have an opinion on the information being put up by some unknowing people as I've wondered about in a past thread here...but as we all learned, this site has a policy to not show information.

I certainly don't like MY personal information being exposed. But I'm not everybody.

I was noticing a prior thread that the powers that be didn't do anything about a phone number being shown. Maybe they don't care about a phone number being shown is the conclusion I draw from that. Thus my comment. That's all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, you are entitle to your opinion, but I for one do not want my phone number floating around for people to collect and use/sell of to marketing companies who will start sending me texts, or calling my cell number.  So far I have been relatively lucky.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ranmercer, Something very important I forgot to mention in my first post...  You should remove all personal information from your post (the phone numbers), and ask everyone who quoted your original message to do the same.  This forum is puclic and anyone can see that information.

From what I've observed in the recent past...it doesn't look like anyone's particularly concerned about phone numbers. Personally identifying information on the other hand...

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ranmercer wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

@ranmercer wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

To keep it simple, the smaller amount $1/30 days is used on your next renewal of plan. 

Those bigger amount are one time will be shown once on your available fund.  

Also sometimes there is little delay for them to show up.

How much of a delay? Its been much longer than 72 hours

Shouldn't be more than 72 hours - can your brother check that you show up in his list of referred people? Could help troubleshoot - my guess is the referral didn't go through for some reason and you aren't on his list. I checked his account right now - I show up in his referral rewards and he got the $25 credit applied to his account.

Please see my response in bold above in your quoted text.

And the two people you referred - can you check that they each got their $25 credit?

ranmercer

@cappaj wrote:

@ranmercer wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

To keep it simple, the smaller amount $1/30 days is used on your next renewal of plan. 

Shouldn't be more than 72 hours - can your brother check that you show up in his list of referred people? Could help troubleshoot - my guess is the referral didn't go through for some reason and you aren't on his list. I checked his account right now - I show up in his referral rewards and he got the $25 credit applied to his account.

ranmercer

@cappaj wrote:

What you copied from your account shows the two people you have referred under referrals, which makes me think that's the $50 you already have. My guess is that your brother's referral of you didn't go through - and you need a mod to go in and put him as the person who referred you.

When Abdallah helped me, he got it mixed up who was referring who, and gave me a similar answer of "you can only get this once" - he *might* be trying to put you in as your brother's referrer, which wouldn't work because your brother probably already has a referrer on his account and you can only do that once. Might need to make clear that it's he who referred you. With all due respect, Abdallah's lack of understanding is furstrating. How do I get a more competent moderator to assist with this relatively simple request?

Please see my comment in bold above in your quoted text? Any suggestions?

cappaj

@Anonymous wrote:

@ranmercer, Something very important I forgot to mention in my first post...  You should remove all personal information from your post (the phone numbers), and ask everyone you quoted your original message to do the same.  This forum is puclic and anyone can see that information.

Oh yeah good point - I'll go through and remove the phone numbers from my posts.

cappaj

@ranmercer wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

Shouldn't be more than 72 hours - can your brother check that you show up in his list of referred people? Could help troubleshoot - my guess is the referral didn't go through for some reason and you aren't on his list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ranmercer, Something very important I forgot to mention in my first post...  You should remove all personal information from your post (the phone numbers), and ask everyone who quoted your original message to do the same.  This forum is puclic and anyone can see that information.

ranmercer

@MoreYummy wrote:

cappaj

When Abdallah helped me, he got it mixed up who was referring who, and gave me a similar answer of "you can only get this once" - he *might* be trying to put you in as your brother's referrer, which wouldn't work because your brother probably already has a referrer on his account and you can only do that once. Might need to make clear that it's he who referred you.

ranmercer

@cappaj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @ranmercer, Regarding the $25 credits, it looks mostly correct.  However, in your first point  you say you were refered by your brother, and activated on-line. In point 3 you say you put auto-pay during self activation.  You can't activate the same account twice.  Do you mean you added auto-pay to your account? 

I think the way he ordered it made it confusing - but number 1 and number 3 were both on the same day, so I think he did both add his referral and sign up for autopay while signing up. - Exactly!!

Yes, exactly as you said "did both add his referral and sign up for autopay while signing up"!

ranmercer

@cappaj wrote:

@ranmercer wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

@ranmercer wrote:

Dear Moderator Team @CS_Agent or ANYONE that can tell me where I am wrong, please help - I wil be forever grateful and provide bravos for all that can help!

Please assist with this request - please have someone other than Abdallah respond as I don't think he understands my situation.

Please refer to the $25 Referal promo at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-25-Credit-for-You-and-Your-Friend....

Relevant promo details:  "From July 26th until August 8th, 2018, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online......[and]....you receive a one-time $25 credit for each friend you refer and who activates online during the promotional period."   I have posted in the community and several members have confirmed that I should be getting the following total credits - breakdown below:

1. On July 26th, I was referred by my brother (phone number 647-763-xxxx) and I self-activated my SIM online = $25 Credit - is this correct?

2.  On July 27th, I referred TWO family members (phone numbers: 647-290-xxxx and 647-708-xxxx) who self-activated online at home (I activated their SIMs online at home for them) = 2 referrals x $25 per referral  = $50 - is this correct?

3. On July 26th, I registered for Autopay upon self-activation of my SIM at home = $2 credit for month 1 and $2 credit for month 2 = $4 credit that is applied to month 2 - is this correct?

4. Because I have referred 2 people (on July 27th), I will get a $1 credit per person x 2 persons, as long as they are with PM = $2 credit per month - is this correct?

Based on the above, if all the credits are correct based on the offers that PM currently has in place, my total credits for month 2 should be $81, however, my account shows only $52 credit.    

If any of my assumptions above are incorrect, please let me know where and why.  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Some of this is right, some not. In your account balance, you should see a total of $77 - $25 for when you activated with a referral, and then another $50 for the two people you referred who signed up online. You should also have a $2 credit from signing up for autopay, that's for month 1 and it's sitting there ready to use for your next renewal.

Then, under Rewards, you should see an anticipated additional $4 in rewards coming up - $2 for autopay for your second month when you renew, and $2 for the two referrals.

Okay, so just to make sure I understand, you think that my total available funds should be $77? Is that correct?

Please see below for "Balance" vs "Available Funds" which are the same at $52 and the balance in "Rewards" which is also $52.

My account balance at the top right of my screen says "Balance: $52.00" which matches my "Available Funds: $52" when I first log into my account.

When I click on "My rewards", it lists the following:

Total Rewards earned  ($4)
AutoPay Reward ($2)
Refer-a-Friend Reward ($2)
1647-290-xxxx
1647-708-xxxx
Community Reward $0

Yep, that all makes sense - all that's missing is one of your $25 credits, which should appear in Available funds in your account/Balance: - bringing that total to $77. - Agreed! So who can I message to make this happen? Mod named Abdallah keeps denying my request when I message the moderator team.  I need some other Mod - can you recommend one?

Thank you for your reply!

ranmercer

Hi abTest - thank you for your response. See my responses to your questions in bold below - also, I have inlcuded some other questions. Please quote and reply in bold yourslef so I can track what you are replying to. Thanks again!
@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @ranmercer, Regarding the $25 credits, it looks mostly correct.  However, in your first point  you say you were refered by your brother, and activated on-line. In point 3 you say you put auto-pay during self activation.  You can't activate the same account twice.  Do you mean you added auto-pay to your account? YES, I selected autopay during self-activation when I activated the SIM at home on July 26th.  

Either way, you should have $75 from referral bonuses. THANK YOU- THATS WHAT I THOUGHT!!

For monthly referrals, you should get 2x$1 each time you renew and those two people are still active PM clients.

Your auto-pay bonus will only kick-in at the next reneway (and onwards).  There is no auto-pay reward for month one if you add auto-pay after activation.  It only starts on the next renewal.

Note that ongoing referral rewards ($1) never show up as available credit, they just kick in during renewal.  Same for auto-pay.

I beleive your math is basically right, but the amounts might not show up as you expect.  However, given that you have received at least 2x25, you should have another 25 comming your way. The questions is WHEN? It has been well over 72 hours and this moderator named abdallah seems very confused and can't understand my request for an account adjustment.  He's the only guy responded when I private message the Moderator Team.  I need some other mod to help - what do you suggest?

cappaj

@ranmercer wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

@ranmercer wrote:

1. On July 26th, I was referred by my brother (phone number XXX-XXX-XXXX) and I self-activated my SIM online = $25 Credit - is this correct?

2.  On July 27th, I referred TWO family members (phone numbers: XXX-XXX-XXXX and XXX-XXX-XXXXwho self-activated online at home (I activated their SIMs online at home for them) = 2 referrals x $25 per referral  = $50 - is this correct?

Thank you.

Some of this is right, some not. In your account balance, you should see a total of $77 - $25 for when you activated with a referral, and then another $50 for the two people you referred who signed up online. You should also have a $2 credit from signing up for autopay, that's for month 1 and it's sitting there ready to use for your next renewal.

Then, under Rewards, you should see an anticipated additional $4 in rewards coming up - $2 for autopay for your second month when you renew, and $2 for the two referrals.

Okay, so just to make sure I understand, you think that my total available funds should be $77? Is that correct?

Please see below for "Balance" vs "Available Funds" which are the same at $52 and the balance in "Rewards" which is also $52.

My account balance at the top right of my screen says "Balance: $52.00" which matches my "Available Funds: $52" when I first log into my account.

AutoPay Reward ($2)
1XXX-XXX-XXXX
1XXX-XXX-XXXX
Community Reward $0

Yep, that all makes sense - all that's missing is one of your $25 credits, which should appear in Available funds in your account/Balance: - bringing that total to $77.

cappaj

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @ranmercer, Regarding the $25 credits, it looks mostly correct.  However, in your first point  you say you were refered by your brother, and activated on-line. In point 3 you say you put auto-pay during self activation.  You can't activate the same account twice.  Do you mean you added auto-pay to your account? 

I think the way he ordered it made it confusing - but number 1 and number 3 were both on the same day, so I think he did both add his referral and sign up for autopay while signing up.

ranmercer

@cappaj wrote:

@ranmercer wrote:

1. On July 26th, I was referred by my brother (phone number 647-763-8998) and I self-activated my SIM online = $25 Credit - is this correct?

2.  On July 27th, I referred TWO family members (phone numbers: 647-290-0840 and 647-708-0162) who self-activated online at home (I activated their SIMs online at home for them) = 2 referrals x $25 per referral  = $50 - is this correct?

Thank you.

AutoPay Reward ($2)
1647-290-xxxx
1647-708-xxxx
Community Reward $0

cappaj

To help troubleshoot - do you see your referrals' phone numbers in the "My Rewards" section? They should both be there (click on "My Rewards" from the main My Account page, then you have to click the little arrow to expand that "Total Rewards earned" section - I always have to click it twice for some reason).

Also, can your brother check to see that your number appears in his My Rewards section? And did he receive the $25 from referring you?

That info might help narrow down where your missing $25 is...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Either way, you should have $75 from referral bonuses.  For monthly referrals, you should get 2x$1 each time you renew and those two people are still active PM clients.

Your auto-pay bonus will only kick-in at the next reneway (and onwards).  There is no auto-pay reward for month one if you add auto-pay after activation.  It only starts on the next renewal.

Note that ongoing referral rewards ($1) never show up as available credit, they just kick in during renewal.  Same for auto-pay.

I beleive your math is basically right, but the amounts might not show up as you expect.  However, given that you have received at least 2x25, you should have another 25 comming your way.

cappaj

@ranmercer wrote:

1. On July 26th, I was referred by my brother (phone number XXX-XXX-XXXX) and I self-activated my SIM online = $25 Credit - is this correct?

2.  On July 27th, I referred TWO family members (phone numbers: XXX-XXX-XXXX and XXX-XXX-XXXXwho self-activated online at home (I activated their SIMs online at home for them) = 2 referrals x $25 per referral  = $50 - is this correct?

Thank you.

Need Help? Let's chat.