cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 referral bonus credit

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

If you check your account you will notice starting November 25th existing customers will recieve a $20 referral credit and the new customer will recieve a bonus $10 one time credit. This sounds like they get $20 credit too? Is the $20/$20 referral credit back?

35 REPLIES 35

@computergeek541  I have to say I don't necessarily agree with the merging of these two threads. Yes same author, very similar titles, same subject but the original from 5 weeks ago discussing the announcement and going forward . The solution awarded a month ago!

The second discussing the sudden end of the promotion,  clarity of announcements and expiry dates from public mobile and no solution chosen....yet! Had I not run into it looking for something else it would have stayed buried but I brought it forward amazed at how closely I had named them and book ended the referral promotion.

I was considering a solution now i may edit out the original one to re-examine....

......the lady doth protests .....

threads merged

SanjithScss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is a good idea

Well said, I concur.

@darlicious wrote:

Well would you look at that....wasnt I the perfect little poster girl of this promotion.....book ending it with posts noticing the $20 bonus credit and the subsequent yanking of promo announcement  signaling the "this offer could end at anytime" in dramatic fashion. Although the expiry date and the sudden withdrawal doesn't quite match up I'm sure public mobile wants to start the new year and decade on the right foot and will honour any New Year's Day bonus referrals.

Well would you look at that....wasnt I the perfect little poster girl of this promotion.....book ending it with posts noticing the $20 bonus credit and the subsequent yanking of promo announcement  signaling the "this offer could end at anytime" in dramatic fashion. Although the expiry date and the sudden withdrawal doesn't quite match up I'm sure public mobile wants to start the new year and decade on the right foot and will honour any New Year's Day bonus referrals.

@AE_Collector  One would assume...

Okay so they activated yesterday Jan 1 and you got the delayed 9AM text. So there is the proof that it really was valid yesterday.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  Got them both today...text at 9am checked my account at about 11am and voila!

How do you know that you will see the $20 (tomortow) if the referal just hit your list today? 

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious 

You can scroll down the list of referal numbers. Just click into that list. I'm on an iPad and it works.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  Aha...number 7 triggered the scroll. Squeaked that one in under the wire. I might have to tuck that $20 credit in my bra for safekeeping.....

My wife's account has 5 referrals so all show up and the list doesn't move. I have more referrals so I can simply touch the list and drag it up and down on my iPad. I don't really have to click at all. I can see enough of the 6th number on the list to read it though without moving the list. I see a little more than half of it with the lower part chopped off. This may depend on fonts though I guess. The list of 5 doesn't move at all so I'm wondering if in some situations the tablet thinks you can see all of the 6th number even though you can't so it doesn't move. Get another referal! Maybe hat will fix it!

AE_Collector

BestFriend
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They may not even have been able to activate until after the date because they needed to receive their SIM card and everything. So you should still be friends 😛

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious 

You can scroll down the list of referal numbers. Just click into that list. I'm on an iPad and it works.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  Hmmm...my tablet won't let me tap on it. I have the same issue in my other account. I cant see who my 6th referral is?

@LoveMyBolt wrote:

4. When does this promotion end? 

This promotion is available for a limited time and is subject to become unavailable at any time.

We know all that and yes they can do it however they want, they just did. In the past the subject has come up and they seemed to be getting into a mode of giving us a heads up on the community when promotions would end. I've seen up to a weeks notice and I've seen only 8-10 hours notice with others. I was hoping that would carry on and really thought we would at least see a "This Promomwill terminate at midnight tonight" announcement. But it is what it is, it was a good run and we look forward to the next time it shows up!

AE_Collector

@darlicious 

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector @will13am  I got a text on the 31st saying i referred someone so i texted who i thought it was (the procrastinator) so i have no idea who it is and i cant see their number either as it's #6. There's no $20 credit yet either. I do know the referral credit was valid at 2:47pm pt. on the 31st.

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

4. When does this promotion end? 

This promotion is available for a limited time and is subject to become unavailable at any time.

No matter what it says, it was around yesterday into the evening without any expired notice. Of course we don't know yet that any new activations yesterday Jan 1 will receive the $20 bonus. The $20 always arrived the next day for me so someone who did do a referal who activated yesterday may now be able to confirm if they have received the $20 or not. I suspect all will be good through yesterday Jan 1 evening.

AE_Collector

@will13am  Yes I am. I'm just curious what time it was announced? 12:01am et. 01/01/20?  I'm just very surprised that more than 30 hours have passed since it expired and no one mentioned it and we continued to promote it yesterday when it was already dead in the water.

@darlicious wrote:

@will13amAre you telling me it was expired yesterday and nobody in the entire community said anything?

I assume you are referring to this deal which expired last year. 

First to post it was here....now first to post it's gone. I'm clearly spending too much time on the community!

@will13amAre you telling me it was expired yesterday and nobody in the entire community said anything?

@darlicious, you snooze you lose!  Anyway, these promos are recycled often.  Just subscribe to community announcements so you don't miss the next one.

@AE_Collector  Was it announced yesterday?

Yes I just noticed that as well. I put my "oh no" post in the actual $20 bonus topic so we've "made everyones day" in both places now.

Now we better keep a close eye on the "Second Month Free" AKA "First Month Free" AKA "First Two Months Free" AKA "I signed up half an hour ago and didn't get my free month yet" promotion(s)!

AE_Collector

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

As quick as she came she is gone.?........

Dang it my newest referral procrastinated until today to go activate. Oh well til next time.

corrio

thank you I'll watch for that

@corrio  Good to see the credits and bonus data add on showed up in a timely manner. Once your son uses up his monthly plan data allotment it will switch to the bonus data add ons. You will see them listed separately in my plan and add ons in his account. Is a good idea to check in on the usage in the account especially after renewal as it has happened (though rarely) that the account does not reset correctly and the bonus data gets used rather than plan data. Setting the data counter in the phone will help monitor usage so stretching the bonus data for best value. It's great insurance to have and making it last is better than burning thru it when upgrading to the next plan usually will only cost $10 for 3.5gb extra data rather than $30 for roll over data add ons.

corrio

My son just joined PM yesterday and today the 10$ credit shows up. He also has the 5g of data bonus. I'm assuming that will last until he uses it up, which could be awhile. I guess we'll just wait and see. Also my $20 referral credit shows up on my account 🙂

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  What stood out for me was the bold lettering of "bonus" one time credit of $10. That seems to infer it's on top of the regular one time $10 credit for being referred.

It has said that for quite a while now, even with there only being a $10 credit given.  

Ok I suppose that's true....maybe just trying too hard to read into things....there has to be some incentive for the new customer. Just a wait and see game now.

Need Help? Let's chat.