cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 Credit lost in one month!

kelau09
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used to have 34 referral credits, sometimes I lost 1 or 2 in a month.

But this month, I lost 15 referral credit.

Hows that possible.

Kindly advise.

Thanks!

30 REPLIES 30

@glblanc 

Whoops....I was going on the title of the thread. Well 5 is a lot easier to work with....and let me pass on a piece of advice I was given not long after I started on here that has served me well. "Get a second opinion."

Again do your part as much as you can....find out who is still active and their current phone number with public mobile. Once you do this you supply this information to public mobile. Give it to Catherine_T if you must and ask that she passes it on to a moderator capable of verifying the phone numbers if they feel the need or to just have them added back into your account along with a credit for the missing months of rewards. Pm has an onus to utilize the info or records they possess if you have a legitimate complaint and you show you have done a reasonable amount of the legwork to prove your point.

I helped another member with a similar issue who lost her referrals due to having her account closed by a fraudulent port. She was told it was impossible to get her referrals back and was given a one time credit. 3 or 4 months later she randomly commented in a thread and I gave her some advice including those 4 words above and a week later she reported back to me that they restored her referrals and credited her account for the back rewards.

But I would going forward keep a better eye on your account like once a month maybe?

@glblanc wrote:

@kelau09 

Now that you mention it, I don't think I received a text message about my two latest referrals - but they're on my account (for now at least).

Public mobile has stopped sending texts for new friend referrals recently because of the glitch in the system.  Some customers were getting multiple texts, without any new referrals.  Hopefully, PM will sort out the system soon.

glblanc

@kelau09 

Now that you mention it, I don't think I received a text message about my two latest referrals - but they're on my account (for now at least).

kelau09

btw I had refer a real friend a couple weeks ago. got the message about the referral and $1 added to my reward. And magically disappear the next day without any message.

LOL I'm giving up this referral joke. 

kelau09

"They're counting on the fact most of the referred clients will not bother to go through the exercise"

That's their plan and it works.

glblanc

@darlicious 

I think you have me mixed with someone else's issue. I am missing 5 referrals.

Out of the 5 missing, one of them is my wife and she is still active.

Of the remaining, if I want to restore them I have to start calling up my friends to figure out who is still with Public Mobile.

The problem is even if I do the legwork and end up with a list of still active but removed referral numbers (which I don't yet) - I cannot contact the mods to re-link them. They don't want to make it that easy for you.

Regarding ghost referrals, I don't know because I don't check my account each month and review my referrals. I assumed Public Mobile knows who is referred and kept track. My attention was drawn to the issue because I recently referred two new numbers. That was when I realized that my current number of referrals have suddenly become one. Checking back my payment history I discovered how my 6 referrals suddenly dropped to one - two pay cycles ago.

@glblanc 

I see you are on the 90 day plans so you have been here awhile. In all this time you never took a screenshot of your referrals? I realize it can be difficult to reach out to non family members or close friends. I myself have one completely random referral. Seeing as you have just passed the 180 day mark I wouldnt say there is no access but just more difficult as they are probably archived automatically at that point.

Out of 15 referrals how many do you think you can prove on your own to be active accounts? Out of the remaining referrals how many do you think are still active? How many texts did you get over the last couple of years saying you lost a referral? ( A "ghost" referral you would not have recieved a text.) Did you have any real ghost referrals? (Where it gave you the reward but no phone number showed up under your rewards?) Do your due diligence on your end. Did you deal with only one moderator under one opened service ticket? Or more than one moderator/ticket? Was the moderator a senior member of the team or a newer member?

If you feel more comfortable answering some of these questions privately feel free to message me. If you want to pursue this further I am more than willing to help however I can.....

glblanc

To be fair, it's believable that there was a bug in Public Mobile system regarding the "ghost referrals" and it's understandable that they would fix it.

It is also very likely that fixing it may have accidently deleted some valid referrals - not purposely.

The problem is that they seem to have taken this opportunity to create a procedure to make it hard to restore the referrals which have been incorrectly removed by Public Mobile themselves.

They put the responsibility on us to prove that the referred numbers are still active. This should already be in their system. Adding to that, the "gaining" party is not allowed to contact them to restore the referrals - the numerous referred clients are supposed to each contact them to restore the referrals - essentially a $1 credit to someone else. They're counting on the fact most of the referred clients will not bother to go through the exercise.

When I requested support for the list of the "ghost referral numbers" on my account before it was all deleted. They came back saying they only keep 6 months of backup. Coincidently my credits were deleted 2 pay cycles ago - pay cycle is every 3 months. I find it hard to believe a big company like Public Mobile has an IT department that thinks 6 months back up is sufficient.

@glblanc 

That indeed is a major issue. Keep track of all your efforts. Once you get a result or even beforehand start your own thread on the subject and it will help other members with the same problem. Documenting how you prove you are right and the end result can lead to raising the issue to @Catherine_T for pm to investigate how the clean up of the system is failing some members.

glblanc

Taking a screenshot or keeping track of the referred numbers will still not help much in resolving it yourself. 

I am going through the same issue currently. My six referrals suddenly dropped to one. Out of the six referrals two were my immediate family - my wife and father. The only one left was my father's number. Even my wife's number disappeared even though she is still active. 

I'm going through the mods to try to resolve this but it looks like they require each of your referrals to contact them to restore the referral.

Looks like some smarty pants in Public Mobile came up with this money saving scheme. Randomly remove referrals and then make the client's referrals run around to get it restored.

If you were the person referred - what incentive is it to sign up for a account to Public Mobile Communities and go through all the hassle of going back and forth with a moderator just to restore a $1 credit to someone else who referred you?

Let's say all the referrals are VERY UNDERSTANDING and go through the hassle of restoring the referrals by contacting the moderators. Five months down the road if Public Mobile pulls the trick again - do you think they will go through the whole process again?

@atan2003 

Spreading misinformation is not helpful. The CCTS does not cover rewards under its mandate.

@kelau09  Good luck with that. See above.

@kelau09  wrote:

I gained my referral credit one by one over the past 2 years. 

Most of us don’t have any record of it. 

Whats the point of promoting them if they can take away your credit anytime for a reason you have no way of proving it. 

PM did a cleanup and removed all inactive users from your referral list. This was 100% a glitch in their system that gave us extra rewards even for those who did not renew or stayed with PM. They finally came around and fixed the glitch. If you think there are numbers missing from your referral list, verify they are still with PM. 

kelau09

Thanks! I will try it.

atan2003

@kelau09 File a complaint with CCTS. Let them resolve it for you.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form

kelau09

I gained my referral credit one by one over the past 2 years. 

Most of us don’t have any record of it. 

Whats the point of promoting them if they can take away your credit anytime for a reason you have no way of proving it. 

@brettster99 wrote:

@Naepalm 

I would suggest doing that. But to save space on the phone use a free storage app like google photos for the screenshots and then delete the photos off phone. That way everything is saved in the cloud and you won’t haft to worry about remembering them or accidentally delete long the screenshots 

This isn't something that I'd try doing. Unlesss you have only a few referrals, there's no way that anyone is going to remember who is active as a customer and who isn't.   Any time a referral is lost, are customers going to submit a ticket and ask about it?  Public Mobile will simply say that person who the missing number belongs to is no longer an active customer. 

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Naepalm 

I would suggest doing that. But to save space on the phone use a free storage app like google photos for the screenshots and then delete the photos off phone. That way everything is saved in the cloud and you won’t haft to worry about remembering them or accidentally delete long the screenshots 

@ShawnC13 do you suggest people taking a screenshot of their referrals. I don't have 34 that's insane but even with a few in a year, it's not likely ill remember. What about the referral you get from the Reddit bot that you have no idea who that person is? 

Its essentially up to PM, to be honest here because customers that refer people in their office, or neighbourhood after a few years are not likely to chase those people down. 

Just a thought. 😉

kelau09

Those referral credit I gain it one by one over the past two year. 

I’ve contacted the Mod who said they only found 19 referred numbers all of a sudden. 

Looks like they wanted to cut down the credits. Nothing I can do. Thats sad. 

@kelau09 wrote:

They use to send a txt message for every credit lost.

I have never received any message this month.

Those text messages are still sent to customers. However, these rewards losses aren't the result of lost referrals, but rather the removal of duplicate rewards issued for the same referral.

@kelau09 wrote:

@kelau09 , did you have 34 numbers showing in your account for active referrals and now it is down to 19?  You will need to know the 15 missing numbers.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kelau09

kelau09

I spent a lot of time promoting public mobile.

i don't think 15 people switch at the same time.

Just opened a ticket.

Hope they can solve it.

Thanks for the input. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@kelau09 34 referrals! that is my goal! ask them why they trying to ruin your hustle.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@kelau09 Can you make sure that all your 34 people are still using PM? Maybe they switched or stopped using the service? 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kelau09 The normal procedure to recover missing referrals is to have those missing members open a ticket and ask for your referral code to be applied. It's doubtful PM will simply trust a list of phone numbers that you send. 

thelostsquirrel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The Public Mobile referral system has been glitchy for a while, and many people were receiving extra referral credits that they did not actually have. It looks like PM has gone through and fixed this.

There is a post on Reddit about many people losing their referrals because of this cleanup.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kelau09 wrote:

Hows that possible.

Kindly advise.

Thanks!

PM recently went through and looked for any discrepancies between active phone lines (referrals) and what was being rewarded to people, as they found that people were still getting referral rewards for an inactive or incorrect amount of referral rewards.  Do you have the phone numbers of the referrals that are no longer showing up?  If you do and feel that they should still be an active referral you will need to contact the moderators to look into it.  BUT you will need the number that is no longer showing on your list.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kelau09 wrote:

Hows that possible.

Kindly advise.

Thanks!

@kelau09  You would have to submit a ticket to Public Mobile for that issue and ask them to investigate.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Please contact a moderator to confirm your referral credits: 

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative).

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”.

Step 5: Then choose “No, I want a human”.

Step 6: Create your ticket.

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.