cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 one-time credit for referring friends

kianagibson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I've just referred two friends for Public Mobile. My rewards shows that I got the $1 off per month, but I don't see the one time $10 discount off my plan. Where can I find this, or when does it show up?

27 REPLIES 27

@samsam   could be a problem with the system or could have entered the wrong code, but no worry, open a ticket with support and they usually can sort it out for you

samsam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i did put a referral code when I activate the sim 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@samsam- Indeed it seems you're the new one. Did you enter a referral code at sign up? Did you get a green check mark to indicate that the code was valid? And yes it would appear in your balance, not in your credit card.

@samsam  Reading your post from 4/22, look like you are the newly joined one?

Check your My Account again using Incognito mode and see if there is a $10 showing up in Available Fund

If not, then open a ticket with support and check with them:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@samsam- The new customer that used a valid referral code gets the $10. The existing customer that their referral code was used will get either a dollar or a point.

samsam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I waited more than 72 hours, i still have "NOT" received the one time $10 credit. 

momma0178
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you so much will you got it all straightened out it just seems to take a little while to go on

@momma0178  Currently there is a referral bonus for the referrer. Your daughter will recieve $20 on top of the $1 per month reward. You will recieve $10. Wait 72 hours. If you or your daughter have not recieved the $10/$20 credits message the moderators by clicking on the(?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue. Ask for a human or a rep then follow the prompts and submit a ticket.

Tweetynumair

@momma0178 wrote:

i am in the same situation my daughter reffered me she recieved a message she will get a $1 credit but i didnt get the 10$ one,  

The $10 credit takes up to 72 hrs, so you might have to wait.  Having said that, did you check your online account balance?  They may have just credited the account without texting you.  I know that my friend referral credit just appeared one day, no text.

momma0178

i am in the same situation my daughter reffered me she recieved a message she will get a $1 credit but i didnt get the 10$ one,  

Eddy_G
Customer Support Agent

Hi there,

Here is the link to the latest RAF promo that ended on October 6th.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Extended-to-Oct-6-Get-an-extra-10-Credi...

Public Mobile Moderator team.

@rauniqbagga wrote:

I refer a friend 5 days ago and she got the $10 reward but I didn't and the offer is still valid when I did it. The date I did was Sept-29-2019.

Please help. I noticed you informed the other inquiries that the $10 reward is only for your friend who is referred, but the information about this deal states that both you and your friend receive $10. I have attached the image below.

Did your friend activate a $25 or more plan and was the activation done online?  I don't believe she did because by now, she would have received $20, not just $10. If she activated a $10 or $15 plan or if the activation was done at a store, you won't be receiving any one-time credit.

@rauniqbagga  hi did your your friend sign up on line or instore? if online they would have received 20 not 10 dollars if instore you would only receive your 1 dollar per 30 day cycle 

rauniqbagga

I refer a friend 5 days ago and she got the $10 reward but I didn't and the offer is still valid when I did it. The date I did was Sept-29-2019.

Please help. I noticed you informed the other inquiries that the $10 reward is only for your friend who is referred, but the information about this deal states that both you and your friend receive $10. I have attached the image below.

Thanks!

edited by computergeek541: referral codes are not allowed to be posted here

Don't you just love it when you solve your own problem. You can't assign the solution to yourself so ultimately you have asked an unsolvable question. I've done that too....Bravo!

cgougeon

I thought that I hadn't received the one-time $10 credit either. It doesn't show under "My Rewards" in my account overview (homepage). It's not listed when I click Rewards to see the full list, it doesn't count toward my total rewards... no wonder I didn't think it came through!

The only way I was able to see the credit was by clicking "Payment", selecting "Transaction History" last 90 days in my case (I joined >30 days ago) and there it was: "$10 Referral Credit".

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 8.26.56 PM.png

Apparently it's a credit, not a reward, so it will never appear in your rewards. 

NSpm

My own question has been answered with just a little patience - just one day later the

$10 one-time credit for referring friends was received (by friend) who was notified via text message.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@kianagibson wrote:

Hello,

I've just referred two friends for Public Mobile. My rewards shows that I got the $1 off per month, but I don't see the one time $10 discount off my plan. Where can I find this, or when does it show up?

I think they say to expect up to 72 hrs.

NSpm

Greetings: Regarding ... 

Refer a friend and take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit!

I am primary member and referred a friend.  Yes my account shows $1 off  - however the friends new account is not showing one-time $10 credit.  Is there a waiting period, or should the credit be immediate?

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The friend receives the $10 credit. You receive $1 reward every month that friend stays with Public Mobile.

@Bennett1 wrote:

I also referred a friend and never received my 10 dollar reward 

Sorry, but only the person who was referred gets $10.

@Bennett1Are you the one who activated the new line or your friend did?

Bennett1

I also referred a friend and never received my 10 dollar reward 

Bennett1

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers. If you’re on a 90-day plan, this means you’ll earn $3 every 90 days for each friend.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi. Normally you get $1/per cycle off and your friend gets $10 off once.

GR
Mayor / Maire

You get the 1$ off a month , they get the 10$ credit on their account! 

Need Help? Let's chat.