cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 friend referral reward not received

bsquared
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I referred a friend on Saturday, April 6th and still haven't recieved a credit for the $10 reward.  My friend has already gotten their reward but still nothing in my account.  What can I do?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bsquared wrote:

Thanks for the responses.  I understand that the usual process is that when you refer a friend you get just the $1 off your monthly bill and they get the $10 however last weekend (not April 6th, my mistake but rather Saturday, March 30) there was a short-term promotion wherein both the friend I referred and I would get the $10. The person signing up also received the first month free.  I can't see evidence of this promotion anymore as it has since expired.

Oh well, these things happen; at $10 it's hardly worth pursuing any longer but thanks for the responses just the same. 

Yeah you're getting things a little crossed up. Understandable when there are multiple promotions going on.

1. $25 credit each for online activations

2. free SIM (worth $10) at point of purchase and a credit of the value of the first plan cost when activated in store

Otherwise, all referrals outside of #1, the new customer gets a $10 credit.

Also, all referrals, the existing customer gets the $1/30days reward.

@bsquared wrote:

Thanks for the responses.  I understand that the usual process is that when you refer a friend you get just the $1 off your monthly bill and they get the $10 however last weekend (not April 6th, my mistake but rather Saturday, March 30) there was a short-term promotion wherein both the friend I referred and I would get the $10. The person signing up also received the first month free.  I can't see evidence of this promotion anymore as it has since expired.

Oh well, these things happen; at $10 it's hardly worth pursuing any longer but thanks for the responses just the same. 

Sorry, but you are mistaken. The weekend promotion was for 30 days of free service with an in-store activation. The $10 credit is only for the new customer being referred, and there was no modification of this ongoing offer, not even during this past weekend.

The only time that the pre-existing customer gets a one time credit for referring someone is when Public Mobile has a $25 credit offer for both parties involved, which did exist last weekend. However, you are not eligible for that as the new customer activated in-store.

bsquared
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bsquared wrote:

Hello, 

I referred a friend on Saturday, April 6th and still haven't recieved a credit for the $10 reward.  My friend has already gotten their reward but still nothing in my account.  What can I do?

@bsquared As other mentioned earlier, I won't say much. But in the future, look for a good promotion as $25 online referral just ended Mar 31. Both have $25 referral. Still you have $1 per 30-day cycle referral at the moment as long as they stay with PM. 

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bsquared wrote:

Hello, 

Today is April 4th

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@bsquared wrote:

Hello, 

@bsquared  There is no $10 credit for the referee. The $10 only goes to the one who got referred. There are often promotions that give both a $25 credit although in your case at the time your friend signed up it was $10 one time bonus to him, no one time bonus for you, but you will receive a $1 credit monthly (per 30 days) or $3 (per 90 days) for as long as they keep their account in good standings.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bsquared wrote:

Hello, 

@bsquared 

"Sharing is caring! Refer a friend and they’ll receive a one-time $10 credit. Plus we’ll take $1 off your payment every month for as long as they stay with us!"

They get $10, you get $1 per month. You do not get $10. That's it.

Need Help? Let's chat.