cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 for referral should be $50 No-Yes-Maybe?

IWorkForRogers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

DING DING DING DING DING.gif

Think about it, I work for Rogers, I want to put myself out of business, give me some ammunition to sell some plans to folks.

7 REPLIES 7

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Maybe they know a lot of new customers will be leaving PM/migrating within months of joining so why give $50 to everyone when they can just give $1 or $2.

its still an incentive to bring people in. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@IWorkForRogers wrote:

DING DING DING DING DING.gif

Think about it, I work for Rogers, I want to put myself out of business, give me some ammunition to sell some plans to folks.

I agree that a lump sum for both sides is reasonable as a permanent reward.  Koodo's standard reward is $25 per side.  Right now it is $50 per side.  The highest has been $100.  There is no reason why Public Mobile can't sustain $25 per side on an ongoing basis. 

@Effort wrote:

@Jasok wrote:

Do you get $1 per referral? So with 8 referrals, plus the $2 autopay bonus, you pay $0/month if you have a $10/month plan?

Anyway, I didn't join Public Mobile for the referral bonus and other bonuses...I joined because it's value for money, unlike Rogers/Bell.

The $1 off per month depends on whether the person stays as a Public Mobile customer. Referrals are pretty volatile, especially with Koodo poaching customers constantly.

^^^  This.  With the referral going back to $1/30 days, I am going into hibernation for a while.  Effectively, the referrer gets nothing.  Before 30 days is up, the new activation is already a Koodo customer.  This aside, the idea of referring someone is not just about getting the buck a month.  It is also about explaining the virtues of the service.  How are we supposed to describe this service these days?  It is a gateway to Koodo?

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jasok wrote:

Do you get $1 per referral? So with 8 referrals, plus the $2 autopay bonus, you pay $0/month if you have a $10/month plan?

Anyway, I didn't join Public Mobile for the referral bonus and other bonuses...I joined because it's value for money, unlike Rogers/Bell.

The $1 off per month depends on whether the person stays as a Public Mobile customer. Referrals are pretty volatile, especially with Koodo poaching customers constantly.

ethersmith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree with the other reply in that $1 off the plan every month for the referer does add up to better value over time.

For the referee, however, I definitely think a value added deal or discount would help to incentivize joining. Maybe $10 credit up front, and a $30 credit applied if you stay for at least 3 months. No strings, nothing further they have to do. Basically a free month on a basic plan. Might help retention levels. 

Jasok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@IWorkForRogers wrote:

NO. It should be $500

But in all seriousness... It was just $50 😉 (25 for you, 25 for your friend)  Promotion ended last night

Its not $10 now, its $0 for you, $10 for them? "Refer a friend and they’ll receive a one-time $10 credit. Plus we’ll take $1 off your payment every month for as long as they stay with us!"

Its currently $0 + $1 per 30 days, forever. = more than $50

Need Help? Let's chat.