cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

store-locator page

changem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not a question but I don't know where else to put this. Looking for a phone plan I compared rates and  service and decided on Public Mobile. 

But going to  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator  I got "OOPS Something went wrong. Please try again."

Same result on desktop, 2 phones, and a tablet.

Someone at Public may want to look at that. I went with another provider.

14 REPLIES 14

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I switched out of lucky since they don't offer picture messaging in their plans, that and public was just a better deal with the discounts. However lucky isn't the worst cause its far cheaper than bell its self.

Nermal

With the store locator page, the trouble for me seems to be related to any search involving Windsor, ON.  

Whether I type in Windsor into the search, or the GPS auto selects Windsor, it comes up with "Something went wrong.  Please try again."

If selecting somewhere further East, it works fine.

I do have a real 647 Toronto number and I have it for long time since one of my family members switched to USA provider (he has free roaming Canada included, he lives in Lindsay Ontario and almost never goes to USA but decided he will go for USA phone and now for years has new York number) I was hunting for something like that. If you want to make it local for your customer you could even choose USA number. Take a look, worth trying if it will save you 50 monthly.

Did you get 25 referral promotion with lucky?

changem

I actually do use VoIP apps on my phone but these folks require a "real" phone number.

Did you consider 2ndLine or textNow

Totally free if you use their software, they give you unlimited Canada and USA both talk and text, and you can choose either Canadian or usa number. I'm pretty happy with TextNow very quiet app never spam just banners inapp you can get rid of it for 3/month. I do restrict background data and I still receive all the calls.

changem

That may be it.

changem

Went with Lucky. Have a new client that requires a dedicated number with US and CA access but I already have data on my other line. Using the custom plan thing I could get unlimited text and talk with some minor data for $35.  But I needed to get things done today so I went with $50 plan at Lucky.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@changemThe whole site is very sensitive to ad blockers or privacy blockers of any kind.. as if if they can't glean maximum information about your browsing habits, you are not getting their service.

Here is an example

No blockers:

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 5.26.02 PM.png

Blockers:

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 5.26.41 PM.png

Now the map is working for me. 

But maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the list of store names right there so people can go to a different maps to look for them. 

Who did you go with? (If you don't mind sharing)

changem

Ontario. The page failed on Chrome on Win 10, Brave on Android 8, Brave on Android 6.something and Android browser and Iron on MIUI 9.somethig.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@changem 

PM system is slow.  You will get the OOPs error when your request time out without reply.  Restart your brower and try it again.

changem

Yeah. A list of retailers would have worked. I could have called to make sure they had SIMs and vouchers. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try a different browser and clear your cache. Bayou should be able to access the page.  Which province are you located ?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I think this section is the best place for your comment.

Good comment too, thanks.

It would have been better if they just put the statement in which stores they sell their sims and to point people to google map and just remind them to call the store first to confirm. There would be much less disappointment.

Need Help? Let's chat.