cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

referral code info

Alicatt_25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can I use a referral code after my account has already been activated?? and if soo how ???

19 REPLIES 19

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Triguy 

Thank you for details 

Alicatt_25

I did not

Alicatt_25

I did not

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alicatt_25did you ask for said referral code? If it was unsolicited report them.  

Alicatt_25
thatnk you its greatly appreciated

Alicatt_25
that's great to hear I'm not always the most up beat or knowledgeable person but if I can make someone's day that's just as good and as satisfying as helping someone out

@Alicatt_25 

I think you actually just made my day! Thank you for the generous feedback. 

This is what community is about welcoming new members, helping them where they need and if that includes saving them a few dollars then awesome.

Welcome to Public Mobile! 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello, Alicatt_25

Thanks for your trust!

We are doing our best to give you an excellent experience with us.

Public Mobile Team

Alicatt_25
thank you for the info I'm just currently waiting to hear back from them to find out if they will add it or not.. thank u also for the welcoming its comforting to know that there is still a community of ppl that do genuinely care and are willing to help other out some if my faith in humanity may have been restored this morning seeing as everyone else I've gone to for help has turn me away.... this has made my morning

Alicatt_25

alright that make a bit more sense to me    thank you all for the advice/tips and help   I'm am now just currently waiting to get a response now  to find out if they will add the code on to my account for me. yes I do agree that me starting everything from scratch would be pointless which is why if that would have been the case I probably  wouldn't  have  done it and just let it go it was my curiosity  that got the better of me in this on and figured I should at least inquire  about it. and to clarify  I did not ask for this referral code to be sent to me  it was just there this morning when i signed on to my account... I did think it quite weird seeing as I didnt ask for one  and the last time I was with public I do remember reading something about spamming other members  inboxes with codes and it not being allowed  I do feel that it does need to be addressed but I dont want to cause anyone any problems either  I mean after all she was very nice and polite  in her message

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Alicatt_25 if it has been a month I don't think you'll be able to have it applied I may be wrong.

I received my sisters 8 days after I had activated, not knowing that PM even had a referral program. I asked the Moderators to apply and they said not a problem that anyone who wanted to take advantage of it after the fact is able to if they had forgotten or didn't have one. 

Contact the moderators here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Welcome to the community hope to see you contribute when you can. You can receive rewards from contribution in the community as well. Plus all the lovely banter we have here 🙂 

@Alicatt_25 wrote:
I do already have my bank card linked to my account I made sure that I did that when I activated my account and transferred my number from a different provider last month my issue is that when I did all this online I never had a referral code so I couldn't apply one but this morning when I signed I had one in my inbox from another member so I was just trying to figure out if I was able to apply one now that I do have one or if I would have to make a whole new and account and activate it with the code that way

You can apply a referral code after the fact by asking the moderator team (customer service) to apply it for you as a goodwill gesture.  You cannot do it yourself.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

@Alicatt_25 wrote:
I do already have my bank card linked to my account I made sure that I did that when I activated my account and transferred my number from a different provider last month my issue is that when I did all this online I never had a referral code so I couldn't apply one but this morning when I signed I had one in my inbox from another member so I was just trying to figure out if I was able to apply one now that I do have one or if I would have to make a whole new and account and activate it with the code that way

Using the suggestions already provided, I'd just ask (nicely) to have the referral code applied to my account. Good luck.

@Alicatt_25 wrote:

@Alicatt_25 

If it has been more than a few days or week after activation, then the moderators may not help with your request.  However, it does not hurt trying.  

There is no point activating a new account just to get the $10 credit.  You will need to pay for a SIM card and pay for one month plan.  Unable to port numbers from one PM account to another.  

BTW, did you ask for a referral code?  Other community forum members should not be spamming your private inbox soliciting referrals.  It is against the rules.  You could report to moderators if you wanted to.

Alicatt_25

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Alicatt_25 wrote:

can I use a referral code after my account has already been activated?? and if soo how ???

Here's what PM says in their instructions..".If your friend forgets to enter your code, we can’t manually apply the credit to your account, so make sure they do it right the first time! "

BUT...it can't hurt to ask to have it applied now. Please let us know if they do.

Welcome to PM.

Alicatt_25

ok awesome  thank you I've been driving my self nuts the last ten min trying to figure this out... so this really does help alot

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you want try asking the mods by using simon the chat pot to add the referal number to your account manually 

Need Help? Let's chat.