cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

numbers on my voucher rubbed off??

shortyrulz69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a way that anyone at public mobile could help me out here... I bought a couple of vouchers when I switched to public mobile from 711. I put the one one my phone and held on to the other one in my wallet. The voucher numbers are not clear to read now and i need to put in on my phone. I didnt know this would happen I just got the extra one cause I dont drive and never know how long it will be until I can make it to town to get to a store. Its a 22$ voucher and I can give the reference number I believe thats is what these numbers are if there anyway to add this to my account. I really dont want to throw 22$ dollars away as I am currently not working.... Please help if at all possible. And thank you in advance

13 REPLIES 13

@shortyrulz69   How many of the numbers of the 12 digit code can you see? If you use a trial and error method you might luck out and figure it out a little sooner than later.

@JoyLuck wrote:

@shortyrulz69 

Your best bet is to call the retailer and give them the reference number to see if they can retrieve the voucher pin for you. 

It appears the OP hasn’t taken any steps on the suggested help.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@shortyrulz69 

Your best bet is to call the retailer and give them the reference number to see if they can retrieve the voucher pin for you. 

If all else fails, contact a moderator and see if they can do something for you. Nothing to lose at this point.

Please use the chatbot  SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve  your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 2: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

If you sent a pic of both....if bought at same time would be better. 

BUT NOT A GOOD IDEA.

SOME ONE MIGHT FIGURE IT OUT AND USE IT. 

shortyrulz69

I dont have the one I entered I threw it away when it said it had been applied 

shortyrulz69

I will from now on but I didnt know as I m new to public mobile n to pay n talk. 

shortyrulz69

I can send a picture of the ticket if that helps 

@mpcdesign wrote:

@LurganIeUk, what a great idea. I gotta try that on one of my old receipts if that works.

@shortyrulz69, if that trick doesn't work, I have a feeling you will out of luck! It would totally suck to be honest with you. Pray for a hail mary! 

If both were bought at same time I would look at using the first complete number and then guess the last one or last two numbers from the faded voucher? Do the first numbers on both voucher show a similarity?

@geopublic wrote:

@shortyrulz69  Hopefully you can retrieve the number.  There is no reason not to enter your vouchers in your account on the same day you purchase them. The amount purchased will go directly into your account funds and will be reported as an account balance to be automatically used during your next plan renewals or purchasing add-ons. In fact, it's the safest thing to do in order to protect against loss or in your case PIN number fading.

True. While it may be human nature to not load them all up just in case one was planning on a second account.  Or you plan to be in position to resell it. Nevertheless, you buy it, you keep it, you can't return it and it is only good for PM. Why not load it up? You shouldn’t cancel the plan until you have pretty much used up your balance. Good lesson here for all. Load it or store it in a safe place at home. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shortyrulz69  Hopefully you can retrieve the number.  There is no reason not to enter your vouchers in your account on the same day you purchase them. The amount purchased will go directly into your account funds and will be reported as an account balance to be automatically used during your next plan renewals or purchasing add-ons. In fact, it's the safest thing to do in order to protect against loss or in your case PIN number fading.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk, what a great idea. I gotta try that on one of my old receipts if that works.

@shortyrulz69, if that trick doesn't work, I have a feeling you will out of luck! It would totally suck to be honest with you. Pray for a hail mary! 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@shortyrulz69 wrote:

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a way that anyone at public mobile could help me out here... I bought a couple of vouchers when I switched to public mobile from 711. I put the one one my phone and held on to the other one in my wallet. The voucher numbers are not clear to read now and i need to put in on my phone. I didnt know this would happen I just got the extra one cause I dont drive and never know how long it will be until I can make it to town to get to a store. Its a 22$ voucher and I can give the reference number I believe thats is what these numbers are if there anyway to add this to my account. I really dont want to throw 22$ dollars away as I am currently not working.... Please help if at all possible. And thank you in advance

Check with the retailer where you got the voucher to see if they can help.

FYI...you can add both vouchers to Available Funds at the same time...your chosen plan will only debit the plan cost, leaving whatever balance is left until next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.