cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim card

wiartonsunset
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered a sim card 2 weeks ago, where is it?

Is this how bad your customer service is going to be?

Even bell is not this bad!

8 REPLIES 8

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dlambro Free shipping is only for Prime members but anyone can take the free 30 day trial or open a new Amazon account if they did used the trial before.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I ordered my SIM card through Amazon, go it next day via Prime shipping.  Cost for card is $5 with free shipping, so if you are in a rush an don't want to wait, order from Amazon.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @wiartonsunset ,

I ordered 2 SIMS from Canadian Cell Supplies on December 21, 2020 and they arrived 18 days later on January 8th. 

If you ordered yours through Public Mobile there may be a chance there is a tracking number, but I suspect it went regular post.

So you are dependant on the mail system. And this holiday season was one of its busiest ever!

Two weeks really isn't too bad, but if you want you can inquire about it.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wiartonsunset : It's a bit of a mystery. Another online/store vendor seems to be able to get SIM's to the door in a few days. But for some reason ordering direct from here takes much longer.

As for customer service, it's all online and can take several hours to get a response. But really...how often does one really actually need customer service. And then knowing that up front, when you do, all it takes is patience.

Edit: apparently I stand corrected. So it is just the way it is.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@wiartonsunset wrote:

Your sim card is likely still on the way. Public can't control shipping companies. Have you tried contacting customer service? The test of customer service is how they handle problems.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@wiartonsunset wrote:

@wiartonsunset hello there is a 2 to 3 week waiting period lately should be there in a day or 2 😁

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@wiartonsunset  People have been reporting 2 to 3 weeks to receive. Some depending where they live get it quicker.

With Covid going on and the postal service backed up it can take some time.

If you have your order number try putting it in Canada Post tracking system to see if anything comes up. Take not PM does not always use Canada Post and Canada Post sometimes uses recycled tracking numbers so it may not come up.

You can always contact mods and ask them.

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

  

Or private message them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Depending where you live if you're not in lockdown. Stop at a Walmart or London drugs and buy one would be faster.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wiartonsunset wrote:

@wiartonsunset  hi unfortunately mail is slow right now hope you get it soon 

Need Help? Let's chat.