cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help please

ilikepubmobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i tried to change my # and now my phone is disconnected. cant use phone to call anywhere. was trying to port from old provider. can the store kiosk guys solve tech issues?

6 REPLIES 6

@Grace2019, the store guy was correct, he (or she) is not to support end users further than allowing them to signup with Public Mobile, and selling a SIM card, and possibly getting the account activated in store.

There is customer support here, and the first level is the Community Forum.  We are all members, who try to assist with each issue, and we do that by asking questions to determine what exactly the issue is and if possible provide that solution immediately.

If it's an account issue (such as this most likely is), we will advise contacting the Moderator-Team.

We are mostly customers in the forum and many of us known how to get solutions for you quickly.

Grace2019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Store guy told me you wont get help from the store, no customer services by phone.  Only way is to log in the internet.  Dont forget your password, expecially when you want to cancel your mobile service auto pay.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ilikepubmobile wrote:

i tried to change my # and now my phone is disconnected. cant use phone to call anywhere. was trying to port from old provider. can the store kiosk guys solve tech issues?

@ilikepubmobile  I'm assuming that you already had a temp number setup with Public Mobile when activating your card? I'm also assuming that when you started the port your account with the previous provider was active. Is that correct?

The first thing to try is to restart your phone and see if you can call out. If not, then try using your old sim from the previous provider and also sent a message to the moderator team as per the previous posts above. If there is a problem with the port the moderators will reply back via a private message and help you resolve the problem.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

try "lost and stolen" on your account. 

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ilikepubmobile wrote:

Restart your phone and check what phone number shows up under your SIM settings. After portiing, you should be able to make out-going call right away. Incoming call might take a while as you need to wait for porting to complete.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You will probably need to contact a moderator.

private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, account number and PIN code.

[Wrong info struck through as procedure has been modified ….. Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.