cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow Mobile @ Sherway Garden Mall

Got_It
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for PM yesterday and took advantage of the weekend promotion of the free sim, free activation and one month charge ($40) waived. I visited the Wow mobile counter at Sherway Garden Mall with limited time on hand and knowing what exactly I was looking for. For some reason, the service representative at the counter did NOT want to sell Public Mobile Plan and kept convincing me to switch to Koodo instead. Not a very pleasant experience.

It went off all well after I told him firmly that I'm not interested in anything else. He obviously didn't like my decision, but had no choice.

I'm happy to be a PM customer now and looking forward to sharing with the community. I already received a $10 credit for being referred!

6 REPLIES 6

Well, your carrier brand suggestion didn't have NFC which is a must for me.  But I got a budget phone, not branded.  So I think I did well.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Folks, now you see why I am so hyped about the online model.  These used car salespeople wanna be's are living on borrowed time in the 21st century where online buying is the norm.  The less we interact with these people the better.  

@stonechucker, you should know that carrier stores don't sell phones, they sell activations.  Why buy a carrier brand when there are other options.  You are spending too much to be abused by unscrupulous sales people.  Next time consider my suggestion to buy non carrier brands. 

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

It's an insult to be doubted, after you've done all the research and made your decision. The sales reps should pick up on this, that you're an informed consumer. Good for you for standing your ground and following through with what you wanted. Welcome to PM! Enjoy your first month of free service! Robot Happy

Don't you just love the lack of respect you get when you ask for something Public Mobile related at these partner retailers?

I tried to buy a phone (outright at the full advertised price) from a WOW Mobile outlet and was told we don't activate phones on Public Mobile.  I didn't want an activation, I wanted a new phone!  Just wouldn't sell it to me.

Telus didn't like it either but was only an impolite rep when I bought the same phone from them.

cowboyhq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That is a shame that person would not listen to your wants immediately. PM is a great service & LOVE THE community!!

N

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Wecome to PM.  Enjoy your new PM mobile service.

Need Help? Let's chat.