cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WoW mobile at Bramalea City Center

StickySituation
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went to WoW mobile at Bramalea City Center to port my number over to Public Mobile. The rep was cordial, but refused to do the activation. He said he can sell me a sim card for $10 and I can activate myself at home. When I mentioned the promo that gives free sim and 2nd month free, he just didn't care. I suspect it might have to do with how much commision they get paid from Public Mobile, but what a horrible experience 

4 REPLIES 4

StickySituation
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Absolutely, WoW mobile shouldn't be allowed to refuse business

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

This is getting out of hand.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a situation that Public Mobile needs to deal with in a forceful way.  They sell other Telus brand services.  Although they might not get the same commission as selling a $90 per month Telus plan, they gotta take the good with the bad.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@StickySituationI am sorry to hear about your situation. At first I had a similar situation with WoW Mobile at Centre Point Mall, but I inquired about the free SIM and second month free if I activated with them instead of with myself. I also mentioned that I spoke with another staff at their store over the phone to clarify the details before going to their booth. They also asked if I wanted to go to a Koodo booth and they could activate me on Public Mobile instead. I decided to wait until they were finished with their current customer. Took about 10-15 minutes.

After they activated things they just told me to take the old SIM out and put the Public Mobile SIM in when I lost service and I should be good to go. I got a free SIM, activation and added a current memebers number for referral during the whole process. I should lose service with my previous carrier within a couple hours and then just put in the new SIM.

They weren't jumping for joy, but they were polite and followed through with my request. They actually mentioned the Koodo promo of $45/8GB but was unsure about how long you had to be a Public Mobile member for to be eligible, but when I qualified for that if I wanted to I could go back to the booth and they would do it for me.

Again I'm sorry to hear about your experience so far. Hopefully you get things up and running soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.