Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Where to get sim, Walmart not giving it

Calgary, has London Drugs.  Go there. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A friend  was conned out of her public mobile account.

This Friend has helped 1,000's of people feed their families have electricity and heat.

She was Told by a sales person that she had to leave public mobile for a year then she could go back to public.

She is old so she signed up for a plan with another carrier, much more expensive than $15

Makes me annoyed that people take advantage of the old.

Hope this sales person gets paid back for their disgusting deed.

Highlighted

Who conned your friend.  I can tell you a few stories about elderly being taken advantage of.  It is sickening. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Large retailers like Wal-Mart, London drugs and the like are first in mind and roll off the tongue when anyone asks in this forum where to buy a SIM card. Wal-Mart is unique in that it captured a lions share of the pm SIM card and activation sale pie. Now most stores have adopted an unofficial policy of selling pm SIM cards only with activation.  I think it's common knowledge which big retailers and "chain stores" that sell pm SIM cards. In Vancouver alone I was amazed when I clicked on the map how many places within a square mile of my house sell sim cards. We easily overlook the little guy, a small business, the mom& pop store, an independent  mobile dealer in favour of familiarty and convenience.  So easy to jump in the car and head out to the mall. I challenge users especially in smaller towns to look for and post any and all retailers in their area that sell sim cards. And if you have to travel a significant distance to get one maybe it's time you became an unofficial dealer of pm SIM cards in your town. A community liaison in your small community.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I usually recommend Walmart or London Drugs because they're all over in Canada. I have no clue which mom & pop small businesses are near Somewhere Else In Canada - indeed, I've also been surprised by how many are located in my own area - and I suspect that people tend to ask because they haven't (or can't or won't) search for themselves, so simple and obvious answers are probably the best choices. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@KorthLondon Drugs only go as far east as Regina.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GinYVR wrote:

@KorthLondon Drugs only go as far east as Regina.

There is a London Drugs location in Winnipeg.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541That's good to know!

Highlighted

@jonfirlotte wrote:

I had to get my SIM card directly from public mobile, I can't find them here in Campbelllton NB

Many Canadian sellers on Ebay.ca  selling for $7.65 with free shipping. 

Other cell providers are virtually giving away their Sim Cards - for example Lucky Mobile Sim cards for $1 each with free shipping.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Here is a link for the store locator.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/store-locator

You can also order through Amazon.ca.