cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get sim, Walmart not giving it

Indirab09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I went to my local Walmart I'm Calgary, and asked for a PM sim. 

The lady told me she can't sell me just the sim. She said they can only sell plans and Sims together.

Is this true? If so, where else can we get just the sim?? 

126 REPLIES 126

You could try a few other Walmart locations if there are any nearby or one of the other Public Mobile partner retail stores.  For orrdering a sim card directly from Public Mobile, the website is cardering directly from Public Mobile, the website is https://store.publicmobile.ca/products/triple-punch-sim-card .

It's the particular Walmart store acting this way. You can fight with them or switch your purchase to a different source.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Wow, mods have confirmed they are not supposed to force users to activate on a plan. Either PM did not tell us if that has changed or that Walmart rep probably wasn't told. 

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JDTwrote:

Yes, apparently Walmart has recently stopped selling SIMs alone - they need you to sign up for a plan with them.

Your alternatives are to try Wow Mobile, or to just order a SIM online directly from PM.

Oh wow, then I'm wrong. My apologies @Indirab09.

This just seems so wrong.

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, apparently Walmart has recently stopped selling SIMs alone - they need you to sign up for a plan with them.

Your alternatives are to try Wow Mobile, or to just order a SIM online directly from PM.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Indirab09wrote:

So I went to my local Walmart I'm Calgary, and asked for a PM sim. 

The lady told me she can't sell me just the sim. She said they can only sell plans and Sims together.

Is this true? If so, where else can we get just the sim?? 

That doesn't seem right, she must be wrong. For example, if your phone is lost you will need a replacement SIM for the new phone you'd need to get. There's even a section in PM's Self-Serve to change your SIM (without changing your plan).

Go back and set her straight or wait until someone else is doing her shift. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.