cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get sim, Walmart not giving it

Indirab09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I went to my local Walmart I'm Calgary, and asked for a PM sim. 

The lady told me she can't sell me just the sim. She said they can only sell plans and Sims together.

Is this true? If so, where else can we get just the sim?? 

126 REPLIES 126

@Anonymous  haha good one my friend.

Not trying to give out my referral code just being helpful. I got a bunch of cards sitting here when Canadian Cell Supplies had them for $1.99.

Don't mind being helpful 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

Fellow PM'ers. What @slugbug55  mentioned is 13 minutes from my location. The suggested Walmart I gave him is like 8 min drive down the highway or he can come meet up with me xxxxxxxxxxxxx 😅

@Jb456 

Speaking of solicitation 🙂

@AE_Collector. got into a little trouble a while ago for that kind of talk.

Fellow PM'ers. What @slugbug55  mentioned is 13 minutes from my location. The suggested Walmart I gave him is like 8 min drive down the highway or he can come meet up with me I'll sell him/her one for $5 😅

If you are in Calgary.......try London Drugs. They will just sell it to you...and may ask if you want to activate. 

slugbug55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, will give it a shot.

@slugbug55 wrote:

Went to the Brossard Quebec Walmart to buy a PM SIM and they told me they don't even sell Public Mobile. What gives? I'm moving in 7 days and want to get a SIM card and get activated before I move. Wow Mobile boutiques are all closed in my area. Anywhere else I can get one?

I would suggest buying one online from the Public Mobile website while being aware that it might take a few weeks to arrive. I can't see transportation costs worth saving $10 over, and even if a place is close enough that you could walk to, how many hours would be spent doing this?  While it is possible that store really doesn't have Public Mobile sim cards, I do wonder if that location would have suddenly had stock if you asked about activatng it there. 

Is it possible to have a sim card shipped to your new address or possibly hold off until your move is complete?

Lee63

Don't know of you have Superstore in Calagary, but that is where I got my daughter's SIM card

@slugbug55 

If you have a car. Still on South Shore. Drive to Walmart Saint Constant. I know someone that picked one up there yesterday.

Don't forget to use a referral code when activating for a $10 signup bonus.

slugbug55

Went to the Brossard Quebec Walmart to buy a PM SIM and they told me they don't even sell Public Mobile. What gives? I'm moving in 7 days and want to get a SIM card and get activated before I move. Wow Mobile boutiques are all closed in my area. Anywhere else I can get one?

Hutchie

Try Superstore, call and see if they are selling these sim cards,  its called The Mobil Shop inside the store.  Thats where I got mine.

Hutchie

I got mine at Superstore.  You need to call, not all of their store have a mobil shop.  .Hope this helps

asramoliya

You can get public mobile sim card from nearest public mobile authorised retail store.

g2

You just ran into a sales person who won't work unless they make commission. Try amazon or any other mobile boutique that deals with public mobile. Good luck!

jsmarjara

Same issue with Guelph Walmart. According to them its sold out. LOL

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can buy them at Loblaws in Newfoundland.

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Exactly the same situation at a Walmart store in Newfoundland.

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I couldn't get PM SIM from Walmart, so I purchased it from Amazon.

farhanshariar72

You can order a sim from the company website or you can do what i did which was searching on Kijiji or fb market. You def will find something there. Sometimes amazon sells it too

@Arily4Walmart sales people seems to give away SIM cards when people sign up.. perhaps the sales want to pocket the $15 activation commission fee instead of ringing up a $10 SIM card and benefit Walmart solely.

Arily4

Im in BC and purchased mine from London Drugs. That said, Public Mobile has authorized retailers on amazon. 

The person at Walmart was mistaken. Also, when i went to Walmart here, they said they didnt sell them, so maybe they were confused.

@Anonymous wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

Looks like a year and a half old. Also does not look like Walmart has changed. Perhaps this thread should be closed down??

New arrivals often seem to do some searching and find a thread and bring it back. I don't have a problem with that. At least maybe they searched. Do they read what they found?! Alas. 🙂

To close this thread would suggest closing every older thread. Not gonna happen.

@will13am @Anonymous @88cranston ....those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. A year and a half later and it's still hard to just buy a SIM at Wal-Mart. Hmmm....not so old after all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@88cranston wrote:

Looks like a year and a half old. Also does not look like Walmart has changed. Perhaps this thread should be closed down??

New arrivals often seem to do some searching and find a thread and bring it back. I don't have a problem with that. At least maybe they searched. Do they read what they found?! Alas. 🙂

To close this thread would suggest closing every older thread. Not gonna happen.

88cranston

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Thanks @88cranston I'm much better at photocopying my a$$ and turning my brain to paste then I will ever manage to fully cohabitate with any computer like device...i do try!

Why is a year old post being resurrected?  What is this rant all about?   Why are you talking about photocopying private parts when there are alternatives like selfies? 

The year old thread was resurrected 5 default pages ago by RunningDutchman. The rest...meh...

88cranston

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Thanks @88cranston I'm much better at photocopying my a$$ and turning my brain to paste then I will ever manage to fully cohabitate with any computer like device...i do try!

Why is a year old post being resurrected?  What is this rant all about?   Why are you talking about photocopying private parts when there are alternatives like selfies? 

Ha ha......more exotic and erotic. And no GPS indentifier!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

The year old thread was resurrected 5 default pages ago by RunningDutchman. The rest...meh...

@darlicious wrote:

88cranston

@darlicious wrote:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In Ontario, if you go to the Mobile Shop they will port your number over from your current carrier and take care of the Sim card as well. I got great service and haven't had any issues for 2.5 months.

Need Help? Let's chat.