cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart

BlackRatt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well it would have been nice if your website said that you have to pay Walmart to activate a plan before you could purchase a SIM card. I have a $60 card at home, 1/2 hour away, and now I wasted my time coming to Red Deer to get a SIM card and now want to know how I get a refund on my on the $60 card as now I have to find another provider so that I can get my phone activated. Not impressed at all.

16 REPLIES 16

hinamirza

Which retailer sells 3 doller SIM card ? Since last week my husband try to buy from Walmart squares one Mississauga and they try to convince him to buy and active in store but he refuse and buy from Wow then I activate it by myself.its easy and convenient.

@BlackRatt It's been a tough stretch for everyone. Thanks for the apology and welcome back to PM.

BlackRatt

@kb_mv  Well since I was having a bad time I do apologize for my snarky remark just in my defence I wouldn’t ask for a refund if I could use the card for another account. So after dealing with the wonderful manager at Walmart I did take some of my frustration on your comment. But thanks to London Drugs it is no longer a problem. 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv wrote:

@BlackRatt I see you have been registered here since Dec 2018. I gather you must have another number/account here? Use your $60 card for payments there.

@BlackRatt : check the language and punctuation used. "gather" is similar to assume but the question at the end makes it a question not an assumption. To which he added a solution if it was true.

We're all just fellow customers here. Walmart has long been known to suck. All the regulars here shake our collective heads at their shenanigans. It has often been suggested that PM drop them as a retailer. But here we are.

Deleted on sober second thought lol

BlackRatt

Thank you I did go to London Drugs and they were very helpful. Maybe Public Mobile needs to remove their cards from Walmart. Then others won’t have to deal with this.

BlackRatt

I use to be yes I haven’t been on public mobile for over a year so why would you assume I have another account. Maybe ask instead of assuming.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe those Walmart kiosks are independent contractors, so the experience varies from store to store.

You would have been better off going to London Drugs in Red Deer.

BlackRatt

That was the manager. I was asked to leave the store for being more persistent 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@BlackRatt I see you have been registered here since Dec 2018. I gather you must have another number/account here? Use your $60 card for payments there.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BlackRatt  unfortunately many Walmart's will not sell simcards without activation. They are supposed to but they don't. There are several other retailers that sell simcards without requiring activations. You can also buy simcards online one retailer is selling them for 3$. If you didn't activate.

There is no refunds for purchased vouchers.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@BlackRatt wrote:

Well it would have been nice if your website said that you have to pay Walmart to activate a plan before you could purchase a SIM card. I have a $60 card at home, 1/2 hour away, and now I wasted my time coming to Red Deer to get a SIM card and now want to know how I get a refund on my on the $60 card as now I have to find another provider so that I can get my phone activated. Not impressed at all.

@BlackRatt hi walmart is supposed to sell you a sim without them activating an account for you, you should have asked for a manager and been a little more insistent 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BlackRatt  you should have been able to buy a SIM card without activation there. What do you mean by having a $60 card at home? Did you activate the SIM at Wal-Mart? If you did insert it into your phone. If it works create your self service account here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Murse20

Not sure what the issue is here?

At PM you order a sim card online. Its $10. As long as you have a compatible phone you insert the sim card and activate account. Can you be more specific about what your issue is and maybe I can help resolve it?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@BlackRatt I bought a Sim card from Walmart in the past and didn't have to pay anything other than the price of the Sim card. I activated it myself at home. When you say you had to pay them to activate, it wasn't a separate charge was it? Only the price of the plan? Use your $60 for future payments. Why do you now need to find a different provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.