cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Walmart - terrible service

@sprocketYes there is so much knowledge here but most don't even realize it exists.

We are all human, the best way to do it is smile, say please and thank you and to say I just need to get a replacement sim card for my mom, she had her phone stolen and just needs to link a new sim card to the account, is there anyway can you please help my mom. (or some other good story)

Highlighted
Oracle

@sprocket wrote:

That's a good idea. I'm sure they have a website where we can make complaints as well. I intend on contacting Walmart head office as well to make a complaint. I've worked both in mobile phone sales and retail years ago, I've been through many busy seasons like Christmas. It's just no reason to be a tool. Yes it sucks, take it home. A lot of problems happen at Walmart but they do actually care when you bring it to their attention luckily. 

The wireless shop at Walmart is not run by Walmart.  They are run by OSL.

https://oslrs.com/

Complaints on wireless services is handled by the CCTS.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/About-The-CCTS/ta-p/33309

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I still am annoyed at the fact they photocopied the front and back of my credit card, driver's license. along with removing my SIM from the package and doing the same with it (same photocopies). I like to open my own things, but forgiving that, I saw no reason why they needed to photocopy my credit card front and back and then made me go through the POS and pay with it then. I also didn't get the point of the driver's license either. I'm pretty sure they ran a credit check on me as I took a hit to my credit rating during that month (and I had had no new credit cards or other credit rating-related transactions that month). The POS billed the card without issue (tap to pay) worked fine for the $11.30 purchase. There was no reason that I could see to need to photocopy my card (especially not front and back). So far there has been no fraudulent charges. My credit rating has recovered from the hit too now, but it was still annoying. The second SIM I bought they didn't do any of that. They treated it like a normal sale as if I was buying a pack of batteries.

Mayor / Maire

@Psygineer wrote:

I still am annoyed at the fact they photocopied the front and back of my credit card, driver's license. along with removing my SIM from the package and doing the same with it (same photocopies). I like to open my own things, but forgiving that, I saw no reason why they needed to photocopy my credit card front and back and then made me go through the POS and pay with it then. I also didn't get the point of the driver's license either. I'm pretty sure they ran a credit check on me as I took a hit to my credit rating during that month (and I had had no new credit cards or other credit rating-related transactions that month). The POS billed the card without issue (tap to pay) worked fine for the $11.30 purchase. There was no reason that I could see to need to photocopy my card (especially not front and back). So far there has been no fraudulent charges. My credit rating has recovered from the hit too now, but it was still annoying. The second SIM I bought they didn't do any of that. They treated it like a normal sale as if I was buying a pack of batteries.

@PsygineerWhy would you let them? I would be more annoyed at myself for handing over my drivers license and allowing them to do this.

I have a feeling you answered the phone when the "CRA" called you and you ended up sending them money.

This came out different vs what I intended, I was trying to use this example to how serious I think this is. I am very sorry for how it came out.

Everyone and everything is trying to scam you at all times. Be weary of everything and never hand over any personal information like your drivers license.

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@PsygineerWhy would you let them? I would be more annoyed at myself for handing over my drivers license and allowing them to do this.

I have a feeling you answered the phone when the "CRA" called you and you ended up sending them money.

Everyone and everything is trying to scam you at all times. Be weary of everything and never hand over any personal information like your drivers license.

Depends on options I suppose RobertQc. If they're the only game in town and you want something, they can hang you over the barrel all they want. Oh you want this do ya? Well we're gonna need all this from you. Oh you don't want to do that for us. Well then see ya.

Sometimes what can you do.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RobertQc wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@PsygineerWhy would you let them? I would be more annoyed at myself for allowing them to do this.

Harsh at the CRA crack... I've never owned a cell phone nor a SIM before this purchase. Public Mobile was my first ever carrier. I had asked why the driver's license was needed and they stated it was required. Not having any other baseline to compare it to, and having seen Best Buy and the Telus store (doesn't have PM SIMs) ask for those things when people were buying phones (I originally planned on going Telus or Bell on a 2-year contract, but they were always sold out of the Pixel 2 (the phone I wanted "free"). I took it to be normal when Walmart asked for it. I'm not really one to make a fuss, and it is the only place in the entire city that sells the SIMs. I required the phone for work, and had been reminded three times already that I had to get one, so I went with PM and used a borrowed phone as a temporary solution. Now I have no intention of leaving PM and will just buy my own phones with the savings.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

Depends on options I suppose RobertQc. If they're the only game in town and you want something, they can hang you over the barrel all they want. Oh you want this do ya? Well we're gonna need all this from you. Oh you don't want to do that for us. Well then see ya.

Sometimes what can you do.

@z10user4Knowing that information is not needed is a red flag combined with the risk of having that person perform identify theft is more important than getting a sim card, in all cases. You leave, and do what it takes to get a sim card with another method.

They now have his complete address, birth day, license number and credit card and ccv number. This is enough information to do almost anything.

Mayor / Maire

@Psygineer wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@PsygineerWhy would you let them? I would be more annoyed at myself for allowing them to do this.

Harsh at the CRA crack... I've never owned a cell phone nor a SIM before this purchase. Public Mobile was my first ever carrier. I had asked why the driver's license was needed and they stated it was required. Not having any other baseline to compare it to, and having seen Best Buy and the Telus store (doesn't have PM SIMs) ask for those things when people were buying phones (I originally planned on going Telus or Bell on a 2-year contract, but they were always sold out of the Pixel 2 (the phone I wanted "free"). I took it to be normal when Walmart asked for it. I'm not really one to make a fuss, and it is the only place in the entire city that sells the SIMs. I required the phone for work, and had been reminded three times already that I had to get one, so I went with PM and used a borrowed phone as a temporary solution. Now I have no intention of leaving PM and will just buy my own phones with the savings.

@PsygineerSorry I was trying to use it to show how serious this is. They literally took your drivers license number, birth day, address, credit card number/exp/ccv. This is a big deal when it was not something they should have taken. Who knows what kind of accounts and fraud can be done with this information.

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc wrote:

@z10user4Knowing that information is not needed is a red flag combined with the risk of having that person perform identify theft is more important than getting a sim card, in all cases. You leave, and do what it takes to get a sim card with another method.

They now have his complete address, birth day, license number and credit card and ccv number. This is enough information to do almost anything.

I know we're all also writing for future readers (readers good one) but yes I know. So yes it depends on how badly you want the thing and what your options are.

Oracle

@RobertQc wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

I think the comment in bold was a little un called for.  I am thinking the reason they took all this was to later tell PM that they did the activation so the sales person could get the commission.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *