Did you mean: 

Walmart said my activation didn't go through and didn't give me my sim card

Maggie13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Walmart said my activation didn't go through and didn't give me my sim acrd

12 REPLIES 12

Maggie13

After receiving a message from Public, I returned to the store and all was sorted.

@Maggie13 With your PM SIM installed can you:

a) make and/or receive calls, or

b) make and/or receive texts, or

c) use cellular data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Maggie13 If Walmart didn't give you your SIM card then the first thing you will need to do is go back there and get it, you won't get service without the SIM card.

Maggie13

They didn't  refuse service, they said that the account set up didn't work on the Public side. Now I have received a new customer survey from Public? There is no customer service and now I don't think I want the service

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Maggie13 Try buying a SIM card at London Drugs, Wow Mobile, or K Mobile, and you can register online. Until March 31st if you sign up online and use someone as your reference you both get $25 in your account.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Maggie13 wrote:

Fleet footed @Maggie13

As @Lieux mentioned in the othe thread, if Public Mobile sent you a message, the SIM card is likely already in the phone.  

Did you port in a number from another carrier? 

Was it a Koodo prepaid line?

Have you logged into your self-serve account ?  It's different than this community forum account.

What does the Account Status say?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Maggie13 wrote:

You have another thread with the same problem.. it would be easier if you stay in only one threadSmiley Happy

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Maggie13  - I am guessing (hoping) that you did not pay for it...

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Maggie13 wrote:

I was told at Walmart my account activation didn't go through but Public has messaged me it did. Walmart did not give me my SIM card what do I do?

What plan did you activate in-store?

Can you try making a call?

Did you port in a number from another carrier?

As @Lieux said, the SIM is probably in the phone if Public Mobile was able to send you a text message.

@Maggie13 wrote:

I was told at Walmart my account activation didn't go through but Public has messaged me it did. Walmart did not give me my SIM card what do I do?

If you received a text... perhaps the representative has already put your SIM card in your phone????

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Maggie13 wrote:

You can message a moderator for help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Maggie13

Need Help? Let's chat.