cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeggyC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Walmart refused to sell SIM card

I referred my friend to join PM. She went to Walmart at Matheson Blvd in Mississauga tonight at 5:30 pm.  The sales associate refused to sell a single SIM card alone, except she joins a plan.  It happened at South Commom Mall Walmart a couple months ago. He insisted that he can't sell a SIM card without joining the plan. My friend asked to see the manager. He said the manager is not there.  Therefore, She has to order it from Amazon, but will wait for a week to arrive.  My past experience was that when I was trying to buy SIM card from Wow at Erin Mill Town Center ?  They convinced me to join another carrier. 
PM should expand their SIM card retail network. Don't rely on these two unreliable retailers, if you want to get more business.

Accepted Solutions
Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Re: Walmart refused to sell SIM card

They should not refuse but there has been reports..

You can try again and say this.."hey I lost my phone and just need a sim card to put in my new phone. I know how to change the sim card online in my account"

Or try another location. London drugs is apparently good.

View solution in original post

All Replies
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@PeggyC 

London Drugs, K Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will sell you a SIM. Apparently some independents have been known to sell SIM's. There are now Public Mobile kiosks in some malls.

PeggyC

Walmart refused to sell SIM card

I referred my friend to join PM. She went to Walmart at Matheson Blvd in Mississauga tonight at 5:30 pm.  The sales associate refused to sell a single SIM card alone, except she joins a plan.  It happened at South Commom Mall Walmart a couple months ago. He insisted that he can't sell a SIM card without joining the plan. My friend asked to see the manager. He said the manager is not there.  Therefore, She has to order it from Amazon, but will wait for a week to arrive.  My past experience was that when I was trying to buy SIM card from Wow at Erin Mill Town Center ?  They convinced me to join another carrier. 
PM should expand their SIM card retail network. Don't rely on these two unreliable retailers, if you want to get more business.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

They should not refuse but there has been reports..

You can try again and say this.."hey I lost my phone and just need a sim card to put in my new phone. I know how to change the sim card online in my account"

Or try another location. London drugs is apparently good.

View solution in original post

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

it happened to me last month when i signed another account. was told i have to sign there, it was new policy.

i purchase sim card alone last year. did not know it changed.

just curious, why your friend needed a card but not joined in there?

PeggyC

We don't have London Drug store in Toronto, Ontario 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

PeggyC

My friend wants to join PM by herself. She doesn't want a stranger know about her personal information, like DOB, credit card number, etc

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i see, i had to let him do it the other day. bc i dont want to wait a week to miss the promotion. how can we let PM know this , is it legit not selling card alone?

NDesai
Oracle

@Jb456 wrote:

Oracles please merge? 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/Walmart-refused-to-sell-SIM-card/m-p/503052

@Luddite @ShawnC13 @computergeek541 

Done

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.