cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Walmart on Topsail Road, St. John's NL won't sell SIM card

This is just another report of another Walmart that refuses to sell a SIM card to a customer. The last 2 friends that I have referred have not been able to purchase a SIM card at this Walmart. No reason given other than "We're not allowed".

GC

Oracle

Re: Walmart on Topsail Road, St. John's NL won't sell SIM card

In one word, boycott.  There are other retail partner options.  This gets brought up in the forums a lot.  There seems to be little appetite to enforce rules with the retail partner.  I sort of appreciate that it is not an easy topic to bring up with a retail partner that no doubt brings huge visibillity to the brand and probably lots of activations.  As customers, we need to take matters into our own hands and do what we gotta do.  Personally, I avoid shopping at Walmart by rule.  I only go there to get water softener salt twice a year. 

Mayor / Maire

@GreatCanadian wrote:

This is just another report of another Walmart that refuses to sell a SIM card to a customer. The last 2 friends that I have referred have not been able to purchase a SIM card at this Walmart. No reason given other than "We're not allowed".

GC

I think it's time to say screw you Walmart and give our money to the little retailers. And when we're suggesting the retailers to always put in that caveat. Bl@@dy corporations.

The 2 friends I mentioned both work. They have limited time, and went on their lunchbreak to buy the sims (each went on a separate day), and came back empty-handed. Then they said well, it's not worth the hassle. I don't care about my 1 dollar referral slipping out the window, but I am certainly frustrated with Walmart not providing a service that they're required. And I feel bad that my friends wasted their time. They're both sticking with Bell. I had told them they should give PM a shot. And they did. I can't blame them for not trying a second time.

Oh, and I bought a Chromebook there for my daughter as a gift from Santa last week. It will be returned tonight.

GC

Hello there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The information will be transferred to our team.

Have a great day!

Oracle

@GreatCanadian, send a message to @Mary_M  with the walmart details,  and times etc...  she is trying to track these.  

now that the postal strike is over maybe you could just get a couple sims online or from the mobileshop (superstore) if there is one close by.

@mimmo_L I was just about to follow your suggestion when the Mod team responded. But thank you anyway, as I was wondering who I should contact.

GC

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try to locate WOW Store ,there will sell you

Wow. Just wow!! My friend just texted me. She went to another Walmart (in Mount Pearl). And they would not sell the SIM either. I'm floored. I'll message Mary with details.

GC

Mayor / Maire

@GreatCanadian wrote:

Wow. Just wow!! My friend just texted me. She went to another Walmart (in Mount Pearl). And they would not sell the SIM either. I'm floored. I'll message Mary with details.

GC

Do you not have *any* of the other retailers there?