cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart in Kanata Centrum is not selling people PM sim cards without in store activation

SLOPES
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have sent 2 family members to purchase sim cards in the last week. Both parties went to the Walmart in Kanata Centrum and they were told they could only purchase a sim card if they had it activated in store, and this was "policy". I told them thats crap and I went to the Walmart down the road and purchased a sim card for them without issue. I have purchased sim cards in the last 2 weeks from 2 different walmarts without issue.

I just wanted to point this out in case this location needs to be contacted to change their views. This is affecting sales of PM sim cards. 

10 REPLIES 10

SLOPES

@Costello_P wrote:

Thank you very much for the info, we're aware of the situation happening in some of the walmart stores and  we are looking into the problem and working on it so it will not happen in the future.

Great to hear!

Costello_P
Customer Support Agent

Thank you very much for the info, we're aware of the situation happening in some of the walmart stores and  we are looking into the problem and working on it so it will not happen in the future.

SLOPES

Its very annoying and he was extremely rude about the whole ordeal. 

Unfortunately, this type of story is nothing new.  I suspect this won't change unless the people working there are no longer on commission.  I would just order sim cards online when possible or go to another location.  People can try to convince the person to sell the sim card and sometimes that can work, but after a certain point, it just becomes easier to find anohter place that will sell the product.

SLOPES

I will be contacting the moderation team. As a heads-up, I spoke to the manager at the Walmart refusing to sell sim cards unactivated to customers. He stated it's a Walmart policy not to, I told him that's incorrect. He said "sure". I asked him if there was a written policy he could show me, he said there was not. I asked him if this was simply HIS policy, and he said "sure". I asked him why he would not sell them unactivated and he told me as a sales team they get commission. I then explained to him that forcing consumers to buy sim cards activated simply so he can get commission was wrong and is not in the best interest of the customers he claimed. 

I pretty annoyed at his ignorance, he was very rude and entitled. 

SLOPES

Thank you.

SLOPES

Thank you and I will do that.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SLOPES  please send a private  Essave to @Mary_M  with the Walmart location details dare and times and brief summary of what happened. 

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

same with me, WalMart in Gatineau and Hull would not sell them without activation, which was ok at the time the $25.00 promo was not out yet.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@SLOPES wrote:

I have sent 2 family members to purchase sim cards in the last week. Both parties went to the Walmart in Kanata Centrum and they were told they could only purchase a sim card if they had it activated in store, and this was "policy". I told them thats crap and I went to the Walmart down the road and purchased a sim card for them without issue. I have purchased sim cards in the last 2 weeks from 2 different walmarts without issue.

I just wanted to point this out in case this location needs to be contacted to change their views. This is affecting sales of PM sim cards. 

Totally agree..and you can send a message to the moderator here with the name of MARY and let them know the situation ..here.https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.