cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart in Calgary on 130 Ave S.E.

Chris_W
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried to buy 2 sim cards and the idiot sales person asked what plan I wanted and I said I just wanted to buy the sim cards and I would activate them at home. He proceeded to tell me that he couldn't sell me the cards without activating them in the store. I told him again that I did not want to do that in store. I told him that I have already acitivated cards for both of my daughters and wife, without any help from a Walmart employee. He then said that Public Mobile instructed the retailers to not sell sim cards unless they are done in store. I asked where on the website does it say that and he couldn't provide the information to me. I asked again just to sell me the sim cards and he out right refused to sell them to me. I left and went to the walmart in Deerfoot Meadows and guess what bought them without any issues.

Hopefully Public Mobile can do someyhing about thses mouth breathers that have an  inferority complex, or at the very least remind Walmart about the rules of selling sim cards.

Good luck people.

9 REPLIES 9

Chris_W

Wasn't a Kiosk in the Walmart. Looked like a regular department.

Anyways it was message warning people in Calgary that the Walmart on 130 ave was impossible to deal with.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

I have no idea, but the is it really Walmart employees or is it a Kiosk that sells the PM Sim Cards? If it's a kiosk that sells the Sim cards, they may be commision base. But it's a truly a Walmart employee, the only rationale I see here is they want the referral?! 

Chris_W

I get it now just been reading some of the other posts.

Walmart in Calgary on 130th AVE S.E. won't.

Wallmart in Deerfoot Meadows SE Calgary will.

Walmart is supposed to sell you a SIM card if that's all you want. BUT some do, some won't. Robot Mad

Just bite the bullet and go to WOW or K Mobile, or order online.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Chris_W

I forgot when the guy was saying I need to activate it in the store I said I wasn't sure what plan I wanted he said it's no problem we can start it in the store and you can finish it at home? That doesn't make any sense, you have to complete it with payment to get a number. Am I wrong?

Chris_W

I found out about the promo when I went to Deerfoot Meadows Walmart, my sister wasn't interested in doing it at the store. All I was trying to say was the turds at the Walmart on 130 Ave flat out refused to sell me 2 sim cards, promo or no promo. They made it sound like everyone was an idiot needed there help............I refused and they would not sell the sim cards to me.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M another one for your list.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Chris_W, you are not the first customer to complain about this.  This weekend having the card activated by Walmart has its advantages.  The promo is free SIM card and credit back of first month fees.  

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you’re close by WOW Mobile I recommend you go there. Im always buy a sim card from WOW. Read quite a lot bad experiences about Walmart selling a sim card. Anyway, PM currently has a promo to activate a sim card at Walmart for $20 bill credit + free sim if you’re interested.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-20-bill-credit-when-you-activ...

Need Help? Let's chat.