cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart in Barrhaven / Ottawa / Ontario / Canada

costanza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was in Walmart in Barrhaven in Ottawa  a couple days ago and they went online and helped get me registered for two phones and gave me a 40$ voucher for each number I transfered over from Videotron...   Great service, and basically a month free too boot...   Really impressed with the service and help I got there!

5 REPLIES 5

@RachelWard  @Bethn   I thought it was odd that a photocopy of the receipt and sim card was taken. But to hear (even though its from 2018) that a front and back of a credit card was photocopied of @Psygineer credit card is shocking and violates the credit card agreement you have with your credit card company. Asking for the CCV is only allowed by retailers with special authorization to prevent credit card fraud as this number is almost as good as your pin....and acts like your pin for online purchases. I certainly hope that credit card has long been replaced. If this had happened recently I would be a king a formal complaint to Wal-Mart's gm at that location, head office and the credit card company. I would immediately cancel the card and get a new one issued. Mind you....i would never let that happen in the first place.

Wow there's a Wal-Mart in Barrhaven now?!! I guess things have changed in the 30 years since I lived there.....oh my youth my youth sadly you are long gone....sigh.

RachelWard

@Psygineer wrote:

Welcome to Public Mobile. I'm glad you had a positive experience! I have to say it was weird when I got my first SIM, the second one (for my parents went so much better they just took the money and gave the SIM). For some reason, the clerk insisted on photocopying everything. The SIM, the receipt, the credit card that I was paying for the SIM with. Nothing bad came of it but it bugged me that they wanted a front and back copy of my credit card. I didn't get any promos when I signed up, I missed one by a day (it happened the next day if I recall correctly.)

I would say that is a violation of some type to copy your card. I would report to your card issuer and ask for a new card. And lastly the Walmart Store manager, not the phone department manager. Look Here

Bethn

Whats up with this?  Today the clerk photocopied my reciept and the sim card with a printer below the desk.. Very odd. I brushed it off as some new security thing, but why should he need my SIM number and a reciept with the last 4 digits of my cc? To have an unsecure copy of a credit card is even more odd. 

I think I will try to track down a manager and ask why next time I'm in.

@Psygineer wrote:

For some reason, the clerk insisted on photocopying everything. The SIM, the receipt, the credit card that I was paying for the SIM with. Nothing bad came of it but it bugged me that they wanted a front and back copy of my credit card. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@costanza, welcome to PM.  Sounds like you got a nice deal.  Thanks for posting your positive experience at the Walmart you visited, most of the time we only hear about the bad ones, it's refreshing to hear about some of the good experiences once and awhile.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to Public Mobile. I'm glad you had a positive experience! I have to say it was weird when I got my first SIM, the second one (for my parents went so much better they just took the money and gave the SIM). For some reason, the clerk insisted on photocopying everything. The SIM, the receipt, the credit card that I was paying for the SIM with. Nothing bad came of it but it bugged me that they wanted a front and back copy of my credit card. I didn't get any promos when I signed up, I missed one by a day (it happened the next day if I recall correctly.)

Need Help? Let's chat.