cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Walmart - ‘disregarding phone carrier policy’

@Gonzo wrote:

Yes, that’s right.

Quote: The only thing I can suggest you is to get in touch with the manager or contact the temporary supervisor on the local store. Otherwise, we are not able to submit a follow-up for any incident at Wal-Mart unfortunately.

@NDesai wrote:

@Gonzo wrote:

Update: PM recommended complaining to local Walmart management, and said they couldn’t do anything from their end. 

Wait, did a mod said that to you? 

Thank you for the info. I will get in touch with the team and let them know of this.

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Oracle

@Mary_M is this true that mods are suggesting to talk to Walmart supervisors?

@Gonzo wrote:

Yes, that’s right.

Quote: The only thing I can suggest you is to get in touch with the manager or contact the temporary supervisor on the local store. Otherwise, we are not able to submit a follow-up for any incident at Wal-Mart unfortunately.

@NDesai wrote:

@Gonzo wrote:

Update: PM recommended complaining to local Walmart management, and said they couldn’t do anything from their end. 

Wait, did a mod said that to you? 

Retraité / Retired

Hey @mimmo,

wow sorry for the late reply - I just saw this! I was actually trying to find more situations with Wal-Mart locations - to add to our list. To confirm, we ARE keeping tracking of these locations for coaching purposes. We have a special team who we send this info to, and they take care of coaching them on the policy/correct information.

So if anyone has any other locations they would like to share, please send them my way (to Mary_M) and include:

- location (city, area, address with postal code)

- date and time 

- any additional feedback you want to share about this experience.

I will personally send the information to the appropriate team.

Thank you for all for your understanding,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Oracle

@Mary_M maybe you should make a sticky post in the retail forum titled issues buying a sim card? 

In it outline the pm policy and what to and to whom to report when issues arise.

I know Walmart seems to be the biggest culprate but it should be good advice for all retail partners.

Retraité / Retired

I'll inquire about this @mimmo, I agree it would be educational and beneficial. I will get back to the thread when I have updates!

On that note, I'm 2 minutes away from my weekend Smiley Happy enjoy it everyone!!  <3

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why not just sell on Amazon? Seems logical...

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, they forced me to sign up in store even though my phone was not yet unlocked. They assured me my plan would begin once I set up my phone, but I just got a message saying that my bill is due tomorrow even though I only set up on Oct. 9!!!

I’m new here and I’m worried my service is going to get cut off tomorrow! I wasn’t expecting to pay again until Nov 8, I don’t have a credit card and I dont have a way to get back to Walmart before tomorrow! Help please, mods & community! 

Mayor / Maire

@cocobirch wrote:

Yes, they forced me to sign up in store even though my phone was not yet unlocked. They assured me my plan would begin once I set up my phone, but I just got a message saying that my bill is due tomorrow even though I only set up on Oct. 9!!!

I’m new here and I’m worried my service is going to get cut off tomorrow! I wasn’t expecting to pay again until Nov 8, I don’t have a credit card and I dont have a way to get back to Walmart before tomorrow! Help please, mods & community! 

If you came from Telus or Koodo then a locked phone would work anyway.

Please post a screenshot of your overview page AND recent payment history.

You can buy vouchers online from recharge.com using Paypal that can be linked to your bank account. Or go to any store that sells gift cards and they'll almost certainly be able find Public Mobile in their little pinpad terminal thingy.