cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart didn’t want to sell me SIM card

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I went to a Walmart to get 2 SIM cards for my family, the guy that worked in the mobile section said they do sell PM sim and proceeded to get the sim. Turns out he only had 3 left, asked if I was going to activate right away. Said I will activate myself. He then said he can't sell it to me as he only has 3 left and needed them for customers who would activate on the spot. He said I could buy them online, I told him I could but I'm here now and he has 3 and needed 2. He said he needed them for customers who would activate. I then told him that I would let PM know that this particular Walmart refused to sell SIM cards to customers who wanted to activate on their own because they wouldn't earn commission on the activation. He said I didn't needed to threaten him as he will sell me the sim. Just be aware of these sleezy sales people and don't let them pressure you into activating with them if you rather do it yourself.

3 REPLIES 3

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow that's terrible! I'm really glad I purchased my card straight from public mobile and I usually advise others to do the same. I'm seeing a growing trend of poor customer service from Walmart, regarding SIM card service.

brid0nca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
The Mobile Shop and Koodo seem to be better places to buy Public Mobile SIM cards, for whatever reason

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DL888  Good on You! You convinced them to sell you the SIM cards. There have been numerous tales and complaints in recent weeks of less than stellar service to purchase a SIM card particularly at Wal-Mart. Unfortunately for Wal-Mart as it is dimishing their brand. I think this is partially due to this department being farmed out to an independent seller versus a department run solely by Wal-Mart. You can always write a review of your experience  under the retailers section on the pm site. Worth mentioning is @clexxi very positive interaction at her local walmart near amhertsburg in ontario.  Im happy to hear you wouldnt take no for an answer. Now get online and activate to take advantage of the bonus referral credit for plans $25+ and the stackable rbc promo for plans $40+. Theres no time to waste they both end sept 30th at 11:59 pm et. 

Need Help? Let's chat.