cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Trenton Ontario

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hand over $11.30 walk out with a sim card.No pressure to activate in store.

12 REPLIES 12

@Bubbly100 wrote:

Every Walmart has different prices it seems haha

The standard price for Publci Mobile sim cards is $10.  While some locations may have been giving out free sim cards while activiating there, I doubt there is much variation on price if the customer ends up paying for the sim card.

Bubbly100
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Every Walmart has different prices it seems haha

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I experienced some difficulty in attempting to purchase only a Public Mobile SIM from Walmart as well. Good to know!

On the west coast, there are lots of London Drugs, where I ultimately purchased and signed up for Public Mobile due to the Black Friday promotion. London Drugs staff were knowledgeable and friendly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Walmart Kamloops BC today:

Me: Do you sell Public Mobile SIM's?

Him: Yes

Me: Alone?

Him: Yes. $10. But if you activate with me it's free.

Did you continue the conversation to ask about the $25/$25 and $10/6-cycle promos?

I did not. I was only interested in whether they would sell a SIM alone. Of course it was only one guy, at that time, of perhaps several, that "man" the stand.

@teeth1234: I didn't buy one. Just wanted to know to report to here.

teeth1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

nice. i tried to buy a sim at a Walmart in Gatineau, Quebec and they would not sell me one. said i needed to activate with them in order to buy. glad it worked out for you.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

We should get this answer independent of the which partner stores we go to.

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you continue the conversation to ask about the $25/$25 and $10/6-cycle promos?

Anonymous
Not applicable

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

Why is it not the same in ALL walmart????Smiley Mad

For the reports from PM subscribers on this forum, it is due to the rule created by the manager at each WM.  Please note that the mobile stores inside WM are not owned by WM.  This may be the reason why there is no consistent policy at each WM.

@Lieux , that's a very good question.

Walmart is where a third party retailer is operating on its behalf, to sell the cellular services.  Wal-Mart has no control over these folks and how they are performing the duties of the contract with Public Mobile.

Public Mobile is following up when subscribers are giving them information about stores not following the allowed practices of selling a SIM card with/without activation.

It's so hit and miss, and consumers are very frustrated when they can not purchase a SIM without activation, or are fooled to believe doing an activation in-store is the same as 'online'.  The third party is frauding the consumer in some stores.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Why is it not the same in ALL walmart????Smiley Mad

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Metal1967, good to know.  Not all stores have the same policy which is unfortunate. 

Need Help? Let's chat.