cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Not Selling SIM Cards Without Activation? Get Your SIM Card From Public Mobile!

PublicGuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Contact a moderator by private message and let them know the store number and location where this happened.  Use this link…. @CS_Agent 

I sent someone to a Walmart location to purchase a SIM card to take home and activate on a plan at a later time using my referral info.   They flat out wouldn’t sell a card without forcing an activation.

I see this situation being very problematic for several reasons...
1.  The existing customer and new customer will not benefit from promotional credits or referral rewards. 
2.   It’s a privacy breech!  Since PM is a secure self-service site, people are able to register and activate privately using a secure internet connection/device/provider of their choice.  By activating at Walmart, you not only are disclosing your personal and payment info to a Walmart employee, but it is happening over whatever internet connection/device/provider they use.  This might even possibly be an employee’s own personal internet connection/provider/device in order to get rewards or credits personally.  (which BTW is likely a conflict of interest of employment as well!) 

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicGuy wrote:

Very common...so I read.  No they still wouldn’t sell even though offering to pay.  Thanks for the other store options.  This one Walmart is the only location locally listed on PM site.  

I've read of people going in and saying they lost their SIM or something and just need a replacement and then Walmart will sell it without activation.

PublicGuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Very common...so I read.  No they still wouldn’t sell even though offering to pay.  Thanks for the other store options.  This one Walmart is the only location locally listed on PM site.  

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@PublicGuy wrote:
Contact a moderator by private message and let them know the store number and location where this happened.  Use this link…. @CS_Agent 

I sent someone to a Walmart location to purchase a SIM card to take home and activate on a plan at a later time using my referral info.   They flat out wouldn’t sell a card without forcing an activation.

I see this situation being very problematic for several reasons...
1.  The existing customer and new customer will not benefit from promotional credits or referral rewards. 
2.   It’s a privacy breech!  Since PM is a secure self-service site, people are able to register and activate privately using a secure internet connection/device/provider of their choice.  By activating at Walmart, you not only are disclosing your personal and payment info to a Walmart employee, but it is happening over whatever internet connection/device/provider they use.  This might even possibly be an employee’s own personal internet connection/provider/device in order to get rewards or credits personally.  (which BTW is likely a conflict of interest of employment as well!) 

Common complaint. Order from Public Mobile, Amazon, or buy from a different store.  They wouldn't sell even if you will pay?

Need Help? Let's chat.