cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Walmart @ New Sudbury Center

Howdy folks, 

 

Just sharing my experience with the New Sudbury Center mall (Walmart) location. At first it was abit tricky since I wanted to port my number from Speakout Wireless, but the Walmart employee who helped me managed to get me hooked up to a point since porting can take some time and from my activation it appears that porting from Speakout isn't easy so I don't blame anyone for the timely delays. I would recommend this store again BUT make sure you read up prior(troubleshooting section on the forum here) on the info needed and if your current provider is a PITA to port from going to Public Mobile. Other then that, PM has been good for overall service.

 

RevCo

Mayor / Maire

Re: Walmart @ New Sudbury Center


@RevCo wrote:

Howdy folks, 

 

Just sharing my experience with the New Sudbury Center mall (Walmart) location. At first it was abit tricky since I wanted to port my number from Speakout Wireless, but the Walmart employee who helped me managed to get me hooked up to a point since porting can take some time and from my activation it appears that porting from Speakout isn't easy so I don't blame anyone for the timely delays. I would recommend this store again BUT make sure you read up prior(troubleshooting section on the forum here) on the info needed and if your current provider is a PITA to port from going to Public Mobile. Other then that, PM has been good for overall service.

 

RevCo


Happy for your nice activation! You can report your nice experience here..https://www.publicmobile.ca/fr/bc/store-locator if the new walmart is already in there!Smiley Happy

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Walmart @ New Sudbury Center

Just to clarify, this store located in Sudbury, Ontario. The link you provided is for stores in BC. 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Walmart @ New Sudbury Center

@RevCo you can enter Sudbury in ENTER ADRESS too!Smiley Happy

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Walmart @ New Sudbury Center

 

I wonder why SpeakOut would be any different than others for porting away from?

 

Should the process not be similar/the same for all?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Walmart @ New Sudbury Center


@TheOldVR wrote:

 

I wonder why SpeakOut would be any different than others for porting away from?

 

Should the process not be similar/the same for all?


@TheOldVR  Speakout does not use account numbers you need to supply a PIN or the last 4 digits of the IMEI number of the phone that you originally signed up with them.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Walmart @ New Sudbury Center


@geopublic wrote:

@TheOldVR wrote:

 

I wonder why SpeakOut would be any different than others for porting away from?

 

Should the process not be similar/the same for all?


@TheOldVR  Speakout does not use account numbers you need to supply a PIN or the last 4 digits of the IMEI number of the phone that you originally signed up with them.


@geopublic I moved two acounts from Fido and one from Freedom.... Used the PIN for all three and things worked. Either way, I'll take ur word for it as I have never been with SpeakOut.

 

Happy Friday!!

Mayor / Maire

Re: Walmart @ New Sudbury Center

@RevCo 

Yes.  Porting number from Speakout is not easy.  But with the correct info, I ported my Speakout number without moderator help within 4 hours 3 weeks ago.

 

Read my post on how I port my Speakout number is 4 hours.  If you did not provide enough information at WM.  Send a private message to moderator with enough information ASAP.  Don't wait for moderator asking for it because moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

 

 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Walmart @ New Sudbury Center

I will point out that even if you provide the Pin and/or IMEI numbers, it's still a rough ride so be patient and make sure you contact a Mod here if things goes sideways. I believe the problem was with Speakout side and not PM here since I did provide all the info suggested above prior to activation with Walmart a month ago.

 

Like I said, good to share the info as I'm sure I won't be the last person to port from Speakout lol

 

RevCo

Mayor / Maire

Re: Walmart @ New Sudbury Center


@RevCo wrote:

I will point out that even if you provide the Pin and/or IMEI numbers, it's still a rough ride so be patient and make sure you contact a Mod here if things goes sideways. I believe the problem was with Speakout side and not PM here since I did provide all the info suggested above prior to activation with Walmart a month ago.

 

Like I said, good to share the info as I'm sure I won't be the last person to port from Speakout lol

 

RevCo


@RevCo  Sometimes ports get stuck and require moderator intervention. It's not specific to any provider and happens on occasion. If you supply the incorrect information or missing info during the port rquest then Public Mobile will send you a text asking you to contact them. Many customers have ported from Speakout without any issues so I don't think you can generalize that all Speakout ports will have problems.