cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart, 9251 Alderbridge Way, Richmond, BC V6X 0N1

jege41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I originally signed up at this store and the young lady was fantastic, smooth and without any problems or delay.

I lost my SIM card while overseas swapping in and out and when I returned I went to the Walmart to purchase a new SIM card. The guy who identified himself as the store manager refused to sell me a SIM card telling me that Public  only sell's replacement SIM cards online, and besides I don’t have any in stock anyways he states. As it turned out he was not the store manager but the on duty cell phone department sales agent and not even an employee of Walmart. I found this out when I asked to speak with the on duty Walmart store manager at the customer service desk. Anyways to make a long story a short I was eventually sold a new SIM card but only after the Walmart store manager intervened on my behalf. The agent  tries to tell me that one was delivered specifiaclly for me with all this happening withing 25 minutes.

Obviously this sales person was not going to recieve any commision and decided that he would rather engage in texting rather than help a Public Mobile customer.

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I only shop at Walmart for water softener salt and sometimes I regret doing that.  They are the only place that is not out of the way and always carries stock of the brand that I like to use.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M another one to look into

Knowing now that these are 3rd party staff to Walmart.. it's worse that I thought the experience would be.

I hate Walmart... but this extra confusion makes  be hate it more.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It seems like there’s be a number of negative experiences with Walmart employees since they started offering PM sims. I understand PM is trying to increase convenience but poor negative customer experiences can be damaging. 

Need Help? Let's chat.