cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW! mobile boutique in Richmond Centre, BC

bluesword
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This happened yesterday as i was transfering over to Public Mobile after hearing my friends and family boast about how great it was and decided to finally make the switch as the deals were also great at the moment.

I wasn't expecting too much, i was going to pick up the sim card and activate it myself and do that process at home. When it was my turn to get helped, i asked the sales associcate if i can get the sim card for Public Mobile. i was greeted with a condescending smirk and a giggle while he's shaking his head and trying to persuade me not to get it. He was telling me it's not great, and that i'm "only getting 3G speed" I was shocked and taken a back. This is my first time getting a data plan for my phone and i have no issues with 3G speed to begin with. For the next 5-10 minutes he then to proceeds trying to get me to switch over to other plans from Fido and Rogers, but i was already dead set on going to PM. The way he started treating me after i rejected his offers was disappointing. He treated me like a burden and wanted to get it over with as soon. When i was ready to pay he tossed over the sim card at me, told me to pay and not even a thank you.

So far i'm loving the community and the service of Public Mobile, this is more i can ask for.

4 REPLIES 4

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@bluesword wrote:

This happened yesterday as i was transfering over to Public Mobile after hearing my friends and family boast about how great it was and decided to finally make the switch as the deals were also great at the moment.

I wasn't expecting too much, i was going to pick up the sim card and activate it myself and do that process at home. When it was my turn to get helped, i asked the sales associcate if i can get the sim card for Public Mobile. i was greeted with a condescending smirk and a giggle while he's shaking his head and trying to persuade me not to get it. He was telling me it's not great, and that i'm "only getting 3G speed" I was shocked and taken a back. This is my first time getting a data plan for my phone and i have no issues with 3G speed to begin with. For the next 5-10 minutes he then to proceeds trying to get me to switch over to other plans from Fido and Rogers, but i was already dead set on going to PM. The way he started treating me after i rejected his offers was disappointing. He treated me like a burden and wanted to get it over with as soon. When i was ready to pay he tossed over the sim card at me, told me to pay and not even a thank you.

So far i'm loving the community and the service of Public Mobile, this is more i can ask for.

@bluesword

It's all about the money in their pocket (spiffs), plus the limited support and control they have if you come back to complain when there is a problem with public mobile. Public mobile is a love or hate game, for not only the customers but also the resellers.

When they sell you a top tier service, such as Rogers, the reward for them is also top tier (I know, I used to work for Rogers) and Rogers also has 24/7 support so if you come to them with a problem they can take care of you, fast. The more money you spend, the more they get. The better service you get, the easier that store can work with said company, to solve your issues.

It sucks to refer / resell someone to public mobile if there is a problem you come back to them "Why did you sell me this sh*** service, how do I fix my phone? what!? I need to send a message? no one to call? it takes how many days to hear back"? "my phone isin't working" sorry, moderator team sometimes takes a week to respond, the message you got back after 1 week did not solve your issue, and they ask you for more details or don't even read your private message properly..... great.

While I like love public mobile, it has not always been easy. The longest response time with public mobile I encountered was 8 days and I have had my private message from the moderator team not responded to properly, I was sent a "generic" response that did not deal with my issue. In the end everything works out, but you have to be prepared and understand this is a glitchy, bottom barrel kind of service that happens to utilize the best network in Canada.

PS Welcome to PM 🙂

CellAid
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just switched from Telus to Public Mobile on Saturday and I too bought my SIM from Wow.  I also received the same type of treatment from the sales associate.  They must not make much commission off Public Mobile is my guess, but even with all his efforts I stuck to my guns and bought my SIM card with absoultely no regrets.  I'm so happy with my new monthly bill and I really don't notice any difference in speed from switching from LTE to 3G.  Welcome to the community 🙂

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@bluesword, hate that you were treated this way at the 3rd party retailer.  Not defending his actions believe me, but he gets paid more for selling other carriers and activating any plan.  So selling you the SIM card alone wasn't good for him.

But on the other hand, great for you, and hopefully you've activated or will do so shortly without much issue, and some possible great rewards via promotions.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bluesword, thanks for reporting your personal experiences.  It is rather typical that you get such treatment from store agents.  These car saleman wannabees are out for themselves and not the customer.  They want to sell you what brings in the most commission for them, not what fits your needs the most. 

Need Help? Let's chat.